Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Torna DLC: the worst side quest in the game (red pollen orbs)

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
most of the side quests were pretty fun in this game, the only thing besides some early grinding that took me a bit was the mandatory lv 4 community to finish the game. overall i enjoyed the torna DLC mode and have started a new game+ as well, but theres one quest i dont at all plan on completing and you will see why if you started your first playthrough: the quest that asks for 70 red pollen orbs across gormott and torna. most of the side quests were easy but this one? this has got to be the worst quest in the game and heres why...

the quest requires you to find these red pollen orbs in green barrels. they cannot be dropped by enemies (to my knowledge anyway), or acquired from item collect points like all our main resources. the barrels dont seem to respawn on new game+ either as ive already noticed several missing green barrels in the early areas. so, to break it down, in order to complete this quest you need to check EVERY nook and cranny of all the areas in the entire game for all the green barrels. more than likely, you either wont complete this on your first run (like me), or you wont beat the quest at all as it requires a very elongated and tedious scavenger hunt for the green barrels.

i remember thinking farming high level unique monsters in the main game was tedious (and S+ blade trust as well...), but this? who wants to do this?? this is beyond boring =P the torna DLC itself was fun, but i most likely wont be completing this particular quest since i cant be bothered doing something this roundabout. the item rewards for it are very strong, but other than this its probably not worth the rather boring struggle tbh =/ also, idk if there are any, but if theres superbosses i missed these probably the same stuff and if so id just grind levels and do those instead for the strong/ rare items... can probably be done a lot faster actually

Back