xenoblade chronicles 2: why do so many people struggle getting kos mos?

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
ive noticed a lot of xenoblade 2 players struggle getting kos mos and im not really sure why, but the claims generally go like this.... people spend however many hours grinding legend cores off a high level unique monster (maybe other way? cant think of one though), then they use all 99 trying to spawn kos mos and she doesnt appear for them. apparently many of these people also have every rare blade except for her (i have kos mos though and missing some rare blades still). im really not sure how they go through 200+ legend cores and not have her spawn once... was there some kind of glitch on earlier firmware for this game? i saw some people get softlocked by and completely unable to advance at certain areas in game forcing them to reset but i havent heard about any rare blade hindering type of glitches that might have been the issue. people also had over 200 hours clocked in and some had such a hard time getting her that they gave up (RNG was a lot worse in resident evil revelations so imagine these people trying to deal with that...).

meanwhile i got her on my first 70 hours of gameplay when i did not have access to legendary cores... whats with the struggle here that almost everyone else seemed to have? if you have all rare blades except kos mos then i would think your chances of spawning her would be higher. i got her in chapter 4 and she was quickly one of my favorites that i used on earlier super boss farming.

kos-mos came up for me pretty early on as well. I did not mean to get it nor did I grind for it. I played the game early on as well - before the "don't forget me" patch and all that - there may be something to your "early firmware" theory?

kos-mos came up for me pretty early on as well. I did not mean to get it nor did I grind for it. I played the game early on as well - before the "don't forget me" patch and all that - there may be something to your "early firmware" theory?
i actually was trying to get her personally lol, but without legend cores and its definitely possible since i did it that early. just wanted a very strong early rare blade and the game was extremely generous that time. made later story fights a lot easier especially when i couldnt use pyra during certain segments of the game (when you reach spirit crubicle elypse though i suggest using Tora since Poppi's abilities arent temporarily hindered in this area. everyone else is locked to lv 1 special until you leave or finish the story events there to minimize spoilers. new game+ use Poppi QT Pi, shes funny to abuse here). kosmos is also a good super boss killer especially when it comes to chain damage. she can solo blade combo too if your partners are all fainted which makes solo pretty funny once you get her to S+ trust. i think Poppi QT Pi is a bit more flexible for some situations but with that being said kosmos is definitely one of the strongest blades in the game. Telos also has some pretty hilarious overall damage and i hear shes easier to spawn (i got her in 10 minutes instead of 1.5hrs lol).

put all three of them on your party and theres nothing you cant beat especially with all 3 at S+ lol, most broken blades in the game

Back