Xenoblade Chronicles DE: How to remove pre-filled gems in armor drops?

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
So after a bit of a lucky streak i managed to take down blizzard belgazas and get the full set for the glory armor he drops. This thing was far from pleasant though, the entire fight was a total clutch on keeping shield up at all times (mandatory or youre gonna do a lot worse) and then making sure my AI teammates dont wait until red health to heal and such (this happened several times btw... ugh game please). I havent even found the one thats supposedly even worse than belgazas, i heard it was called avalanche abyssal... gonna be fun farming his armor since his attacks are a hundred times worse... ;-; why do i do this?

So to the question, the glory armor already has gems filled into it when it drops, idk if theres a way to drop an open slot one or not but if so i imagine that means beat avalanche abyssal for it... so is there a way i can swap them out? If theres a vendor someplace in the game where i can do this that would be perfect, if not im stuck losing a portion of my high defense for 100% debuff resist. I realize this isnt the worst swap out, but i really like the high defense glory armor has and thats why this kinda sucks >_< if anyone knows where a special vendor is for this, please tell, it would be great

To my knowledge, there is no way to modify the pre-gemmed armors (I call them "unique armor" even though you can acquire many copies), and I have played this game a fair bit. The only things armor that I know little about is "what are the best armors with empty slots?" and "where to find them?"

Reactions: phofufury
To my knowledge, there is no way to modify the pre-gemmed armors (I call them "unique armor" even though you can acquire many copies), and I have played this game a fair bit. The only things armor that I know little about is "what are the best armors with empty slots?" and "where to find them?"
Dang, that sucks... pretty sure the overall defense on the glory armor set is unrivaled too, ive seen some good empty slot sets but the overall defense is lower on them sadly...

Well, at least the only really mandatory thing seems like the 100% debuff resist. The 45% haste doesnt seem worth switching for the small increase of 5% on the perfect gem, 75% seems like enough for topple resist as well so fortunately i dont think i need to switch anything else. Have +100 strength, +50% double attack and the perfect lv 6 attack plus gem as well... (all these on shulk and fiora has a similar set of offense gems for me).

Not sure if avalanche abyssal drops open slot glory armor pieces, but so far ive only seen this armor set with pre-filled gems. Too bad we never get a side quest that provides a way to remove these... the max level ones are good too but not perfect so it wouldnt be a way to cheese/ bypass the flawless tier 6 gem grind even if we could. It might save some work but you wouldnt get perfect max tier gems from these still

Reactions: phofufury and LittlegiantRobo
Back