Xenoblade X Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U) - E3 Trailer and Discussion

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Another game called Xenoblade Chronicles X is coming to the Wii U in 2015. It's an open-world RPG by Monolith Soft. You can read some details about the game below (tweeted by Nintendo of America) :
Nintendo of America said:
At the beginning of Xenoblade Chronicles X, two alien factions are at war above Earth. Unfortunately, their war is destroying Earth. The human race then evacuates the Earth in two arc ships.

Your game starts as you wake from stasis and create your character.

See the game's E3 announcement trailer below :

More information I know about the game :

Character Customization

The game will allow you to customize the appearance of the main character in the game. Stuff like gender, voice, height, skin, color, shapes and tattoos.

Class System

The game will also feature a class system. "Drifter" is the name of the class that you will begin with. You can change classes as you move forward in the game, gaining access to different abilities.

Day and Night Cycle and Real-time Weather Changes

I don't think I need to explain this one, :panda:

---

You can also check out some of the screenshots below (credits to Nintendo Life) :

What are your thoughts?

I haven't played the first Xenoblade Chronicles so I hope the story in it isn't that big of a deal in X, but I'm definitely interested.

I feel like this should be an MMO tbh

Well, there's multiplayer feature on last year E3 trailer.
But yes: without definite image of the character (customisable), we cannot imagine a protagonist.
Haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles, but the previous installment (Xenogears - Xenosaga series)... It is a big departure, leaving Gears (or in Chronicles X, Dolls) intact. I haven't sensed any Nietzschean theme, unfortunately.

This looks amazing, and definitely a game I will be picking up/downloading. I hope that they make a Wii U port for the first or they make it not such a big deal from the storyline. Or maybe I will just get the Wii version since you can play Wii games in the Wii U.

This looks like a game which I could really enjoy. I think it has the potential to be a system- seller for the Wii U if it is promoted well enough. I never really knew about Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii, but I would have definitely picked it up had I seen it an ad or at Gamestop. If Nintendo does a good job of marketing a lot of these new Wii U games, then I can see the Wii U turning around its fortunes to be a major player in the console wars this generation (it's sort of taken a backseat right now).

The game looks amazing, but I am just not a big fan of Mech games. I am still going to keep an eye on it, but as of right now I will most likely not be getting this game.

It looks fantastic but I already saw how big it will be... Remember the old trailer?
I'm not sure if I will be even able to finish it!

Once I saw the trailer back in E3 (as well as the gameplay in the treehouse), I immediately wanted this on my Wii U. Sure, I haven't played any other games in the series, but from what I've seen this looks really nice. I'm also a fan of long RPG's so this is a must-buy for me.

Once I saw the trailer back in E3 (as well as the gameplay in the treehouse), I immediately wanted this on my Wii U. Sure, I haven't played any other games in the series, but from what I've seen this looks really nice. I'm also a fan of long RPG's so this is a must-buy for me.

Don't worry about that, this is the second game on the series, being the sequel of the Wii game.
Considering how hard to get is the original game (or the stores are saying that brand-new copies are pre-owned to ask double the money), I suppose there's a change of a Wii U port.

If not, and you have the chance to get the N3DS, feel free to play the 3D version in the future (the brand-new copy will be cheaper than a use done anyways).

Don't worry about that, this is the second game on the series, being the sequel of the Wii game.
Considering how hard to get is the original game (or the stores are saying that brand-new copies are pre-owned to ask double the money), I suppose there's a change of a Wii U port.

If not, and you have the chance to get the N3DS, feel free to play the 3D version in the future (the brand-new copy will be cheaper than a use done anyways).
Yeah, I'm considering getting the new 3DS XL some time after it comes out so I can play the port there. I said that because I thought the Xenogears series related to the Xenoblade series.

I played some of the game at a friend's house, and I can easily tell you getting a N3DS for the game is way worth it. Decent graphics, a more than serviceable story and most importantly gameplay that could make a jrpg fan cry with joy. The game was easily best of 2011, and probably one of the best I've ever played.

For all the critics panning the Wii U's hardware capabilities, developing a new RPG five times the size of a 40-hour Wii RPG sure puts those concerns to rest. Lol.

As for the game itself, the scenery looks awesome, and the ganeplay sounds like an improvement over the original. I'm glad Xenoblade is getting a bunch of love lately (with the new 3ds re-release of Xenoblade Chronicles as well as SHULK IN SMASH!!!)

The gameplay footage from yesterday's Direct sold me on this game :

Reactions: D4rkDragon
The gameplay footage from yesterday's Direct sold me on this game :

This is why I want a WiiU, :panda:
I mean, is there any other game (=RPG here) that will actually stand a chance against this? I mean, look at this!
And what's great is that WiiU owners can also play Xenoblade Chronicles on the WiiU right now if they missed it.
As for N3DS owners, it's next year, but even though the graphics' quality has been reduced in the N3DS port, it's still worth it.

Edit: For those interested in the game, there's still the Treehouse video where they cover a small part of the game, and the official homepage (Japanese, with a rather cool music) :
xenobladex.jp

Last edited:
Reactions: Marc
This game looks so good! I'm so excites for it! I didn't play the first one, nor am I interested, and this one has nothing to do with the first one, so I'm super excited! All the gameplay and stuff looks so awesome and the story-mode looks so fun. I'm super hyped! But, has Nintendo announced it released? I'm hoping it doesn't come out when Zelda does........ That make me mad.

It has been announced, but sadly, the release date is still a long way to go. 4/12/2015, so, only a few months before Zelda U releases.

It has been announced, but sadly, the release date is still a long way to go. 4/12/2015, so, only a few months before Zelda U releases.

Kewl Ke ;3

Back