Gen 6 XY move heredity question, need details pls....

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
Ok, so i have a miltank i want to breed with my ditto in my copy of pokemon x. However, im in need of info on something first. Here's what i need to know. I will start from the beginning.

The miltank i want to breed has the move milk drink. I want to pass that specific move onto each of the offspring, but im unsure of how this works and occurs, or if this is even legally possible here. If it is possible though, is there any tactics i can take to either increase the odds of an offspring having this move, or maybe even guarantee this happens?

Answers appreciated, thank you.

Miltank should be able to pass it down just fine. If anything having a male Miltank with the female might boost chances but that's probably redundant anyway.

Can you even get a male miltank legally? I dont think ive ever seen one....

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
Can you even get a male miltank legally? I dont think ive ever seen one....
Miltank gender ratio is 100% Female, so nope no males. Only ditto.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
Yeah thats what i thought. Thank you for confirming that @n.

I think milk drink is in its natural learnset, so there's no need to egg more it.

Ohhh, thank you for addressing that. However, there is one small thing i forgot to say in my original post.... I almost forgot pokemon forget random moves leveling in day care.... Is there any possible way i can lock milk drink so it isnt replaced? Or should i just grind exp in lumiose and then breed?

You're better off doing the leveling yourself if that's the case. It's also alot faster than day care leveling, but you better do the ev training first so you don't have to make a perilous soup when you decide to do that.

Ok, thanks. If im in a hurry to level a pokemon, i just grind in lumiose. If i feel lazy enough i will goof off and use day care, unless there is a move i want kept. Thank you! =)

Back