Yokai Watch!!?

• Thread starter Kakea
  • Start date
Kakea

Kakea

Survivor
Towns Folk
Is anyone else excited for Tokai Watch? I was when I saw it at first, it seemed like a Pokémon copy but I saw you have little control over what happens as opposed to Pokémon letting you chose everything down to moves, ability and (through alot of breeding) Personality and Natures.But this looks like it has different Gameplay with only helping the Yokoi.I read about Yokoi before and know the origin of them(I thought at first this is where the one idea for Pokémon came from) but saw this game a year later and now see the series and Pokémon are more different than I thought.I don't know alot about the game series though and kinda excited to see what kinda game it is once it comes out, but I never saw a release date for this though...

Reactions: Yumi Chi
From what i have seen and from how you describe it it sounds like a blend between the gameplay of the digimon world games and pokemon having,the digimon world games have you use digimon for battle but you can only give vague commands to it and it usually does its own thing in the same way as the digimon games they save energy up for a super move and you can use a supermove when you want to.

Reactions: Kakea
o_O
Digimon have to save for a super move? What happens during the rest of the fight!? Do they fight while you wait for the move to charge? Do have any more control in digimon games?

no well in digimon world its slightly different while your digimon attacks your charge builds up and then you can press a button to activate a super move,

One of my wish list, especially if you want to learn about Japanese folklore and culture. And yes, it's cute. The Yokai.

Battles are in real-time I suppose, where you will do some mini-games to enhance attack and stuff.

Sounds awesome! I liked watching (and playing a little of) Paper Mario games... They couldn't get me to play all the way 'til the end of the game but I liked playing and lived watchihing.I hope this game can get me to play through!!

I don't know much about Yokai watch. To me it looks like a pokemon clone but I have no idea. I have not seen much about it. All I know is that you are some guy with a watch and creatures used to battle. I don't know if I am against it because it sounds to me like the downfall of pokemon if everyone thinks this is so good. But idk I might like it, I probably won't get it though so I have no idea xD

I saw some gameplay of it live. This game just looked like a copy of pokemon. I will not be getting this game. This game might not get a lot of buys since it just copys pokemon. The game play was too confusing and didnt make sense to me when I saw it. It didnt catch my interest and seemed like a very boring. I will just continue to play the pokemon series.

While some people sait Yokai Watch is a copy of Pokemon, they actually share similarities but ended with their own style.
This game might not get a lot of buys since it just copys pokemon.
Well it's a big hit in Japan. Especially for kids. I dunno how it would sell in the West, since we've got more adults playing Pokemon for nostalgia.

Yeah... it seems like a clone but you won't control anything, you only help them attack... It's like old rpgs where you can only choose who to attack but not what attack or if it'll be effective

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ick_off_bombardment_of_tie-ins_and_promotions

I actually am excited for this game ! wont be able to nab it nov 6 due to it being so close to holidays but I think this is a neat new take on what we know in U.S as pokemon it is kinda like pokemon you get to help in the battling with those little mini type games ^-^ im not fully sure but im glad we are getting something unique ^0^ cant wait to see what it becomes ..

I can't wait 'til it comes out either!!! I wish I could buy as soon as it comes out but I would $30.00(if it's the same price as Pokémon games..) I really want to play it because you have a little more control on what happens than just watching(or just only choosing) what attack they will do.I like how this seems like Paper Mario and Mother 3 both giving you a chance to give more damage based on your action/input.Instead of being only based on what the computer decides!

Reactions: Yumi Chi
It's funny on how it's already a franchise in Japan, with the anime and merchandises (I did ate the Giant Choco Caplico). Still . . . I'm very attached to Pokemon. I do not wish for another Nintendo game to be a "Pokemon killer". I may get it if I have enough money. However, I wonder if it really going to be a trend overseas, as in if the anime will be dubbed and aired in America.

I hope it does air,it doesn't seem like pokemon.I read about some of it,Pokemon seems like it's pointed for everyone(it can't be aimed to only at children,it's too violent and dirty in the pokedex description.The manga seemed dirty....)The other seem to aimed more at children,they censord ALOT from what I saw compared to pokemon hinting at ALOT dirty/darker things

I just realized that Yo-Kai Watch is already localized. It's aired in Disney XD, which explains why I missed it (I have the basic service). Well, I don't know . . . I watched it and . . . I think I'll stick with the subbed Japanese version. BTW, is Whisper's VA the same VA who did Thanatos in Kid Icarus Uprising?

I just realized that Yo-Kai Watch is already localized. It's aired in Disney XD, which explains why I missed it (I have the basic service). Well, I don't know . . . I watched it and . . . I think I'll stick with the subbed Japanese version. BTW, is Whisper's VA the same VA who did Thanatos in Kid Icarus Uprising?
I don't know,I never got to watch it:We don't have cable(or any other way to watch it,unless I try to watch youtube but....)

Let's say that the dubbing makes 4Kids look like Studio Ghibi.

Let's say that the dubbing makes 4Kids look like Studio Ghibi.
I'll play it more than watch it then,I can't wait until I have time to play the demo!
(No one here likes me to get excited,I'll have to play alone)

I'm really excited for Yokai Watch!!! First off, it's made by Level-5, one of my favorite game companies. Second, it's absolutely quirky, and I love quirky games. Plus, the third game has a corn Yokai, and I have to get that, so I might as well get the first two games to make sure I get the third. I need that corn Yokai you can't even understand it's perfect.

Lol! I'll try but I don't think I'll be able to! :D I didn't know there were 3 games though,I kinda want to see them all too now.But I'll have to settle for the demo at the moment,I still haven't made up from buying The New 3DS.

Back