SSB for Wii U Yoshi deserves better

• Thread starter Doctor Strange
  • Start date
Doctor Strange

Doctor Strange

Master of the Mystic Arts
Towns Folk
Besides Game and Watch and R.O.B, the Yoshi's Island series gets the least trophies in the game. Why? Yoshi is a popular character and a main one in the Mario franchise. But for the Yoshi's Island series, there's only Yoshi's trophy, his alt, and his Final Smash. Why aren't there enemy trophies or bosses from Yoshi's Island? So the Yoshi series deserves better.

They probably were adding trophies by series name in alphabetical order and ran out of time

Nah, I assume you're talking about the 3DS version? They were trying to keep trophies split between systems based on what series was on a handheld on a console. Yoshi's Island is mostly known as a console game.

That's true. Yoshi is always a "supporting" character, whether in Super Mario Brothers or (kind of) in Mario Kart or in Super Mario Galaxy 2. I feel like Nintendo or whoever doesn't take Yoshi seriously enough. And seriously, in Smash he's a good character.

Quite a few Yoshi's Island characters are Mario characters as well like Piranha Plants and Shy Guys of every color. I think Yoshi has a good enough representation considering the amount of games he starts in. A handful of spin-offs and then some decent mainseries games.
They probably were adding trophies by series name in alphabetical order and ran out of time

Nah, I assume you're talking about the 3DS version? They were trying to keep trophies split between systems based on what series was on a handheld on a console. Yoshi's Island is mostly known as a console game.
Yeah, that's how Yoshi started out but Yoshi's Island was remade for GBA and has had sequels on handheld consoles. They are pretty close in terms of representation between systems for instance handheld Yoshi spin-offs.

To me is seems really good. Players play him really well and have great Air Combo follow ups! And dont forget his killer combos like neutral air to forward smash. And Down air to neutral air to up smash. He has lots and I mean lots of more great combos and players play him really good in ranked matches

It's the fact that Yoshi's Island is mostly a console game, and obviously Yoshi Island was never on a handheld, except Yoshi's Island for 3ds.Also they are splitting trophies from Smash Bros 3ds to smash for Wii u. That's what I think why there isn't many Yoshi trophies.

I don't know why,because you Nintendo could consider trophies of enemies,alliances like Poochie and even the baby versions of Mario characters as part of the Yoshi representation.I'm only sure there's a Shy Guy trophy as a side-character trophy,but other than the dinosaur himself and his alternative skin and Final Smash,there's not many representation for him to be seen,other than in actual gameplay.

Reactions: Shelton_Xeno
I don't know why,because you Nintendo could consider trophies of enemies,alliances like Poochie and even the baby versions of Mario characters as part of the Yoshi representation.I'm only sure there's a Shy Guy trophy as a side-character trophy,but other than the dinosaur himself and his alternative skin and Final Smash,there's not many representation for him to be seen,other than in actual gameplay.
Yeah I definitely agree with that statement. Mario and the rest of the other characters were apart of the Yoshi series but that could account as trophies in that university. The trophies has more than one series you know.

It's the fact that Yoshi's Island is mostly a console game, and obviously Yoshi Island was never on a handheld, except Yoshi's Island for 3ds.Also they are splitting trophies from Smash Bros 3ds to smash for Wii u. That's what I think why there isn't many Yoshi trophies.
Nope, there's Yoshi's Island and Super Mario World ported on the GBA, Yoshi's Island DS, Yoshi's New Island, Yoshi Touch and Go, and Yoshi Topsy Turvy for GBA. Do your research next time. That is why Yoshi is considered a handheld game. :P I bet I know why you didn't know that. Terrible representation in the 3DS version.

Back