You can buy games on the Nintendo Switch eShop with PayPal

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Didn't think this would have ever been a thing, :eek:

But you can now (or will soon be able to) use PayPal as a payment option to add funds to your Nintendo Switch eShop balance. You couldn't do this on the 3DS and Wii U, but you could have used PayPal to purchase digital codes for games on Nintendo's online store via web browsers.

5sl1Kqu.jpg

It's only out in Japan so far and no word about NA or EU, but I have high hopes we'll eventually see it.

Reactions: Kadaj and 28142
It has been added to the NA and EU eshop, so you should edit your post.
I am very happy about this myself as I have a $50 prepaid paypal card and have been waiting a long time to use it. Glad to see Nintendo finally add this option to their eshop. Wish I could do it on 3ds to get UltraMoon, but I guess that's fine.

Didn't think this would have ever been a thing, :eek:

But you can now (or will soon be able to) use PayPal as a payment option to add funds to your Nintendo Switch eShop balance. You couldn't do this on the 3DS and Wii U, but you could have used PayPal to purchase digital codes for games on Nintendo's online store via web browsers.

5sl1Kqu.jpg

It's only out in Japan so far and no word about NA or EU, but I have high hopes we'll eventually see it.
I think I'll stick to eshop cards -.- r they still a thing

It's unexpected for Ninty to add PayPal as one of the ways to buy the games in Switch, but it's definitely a good thing. Even though I'm still sticking to good 'ol eShop cards to buy games.

Reactions: Kadaj
I think it is a terrific idea that Nintendo gives the fans plenty of opportunities to purchase its games. In my personal case, I am not super excited about it because I am not from USA and thus my paypal account is not registered in the US. If you are planning to purchase your games via paypal, please make sure your paypal coutry settings correspond to that of your nintendo account settings.

All in all, I think it is a great addition

Hey, not sure if anyone's already mentioned this, but I'm in the USA and it's an option. I haven't tried it to see if it works, but if I decide to hook up a pay-pal to it I will update this post...if updating a post is supported here. Anyways it looks like a good option to me as not everyone has a credit card and some of us well...underaged? people have paypal balances. Glad to see it! :)

This is pretty convenient. Normally when I'm purchasing games on my 3DS I either opt for eShop cards which are far and few between my area, or input my card details all the time (because I'm not a big fan of saving that information on the console.) This should make shopping on the Switch much easier.

Back