You can now Voice chat with randoms on switch in certain online games.

• Thread starter Arshan
  • Start date
Arshan

Arshan

The Gucci Mining Diamonds Gang
Towns Folk
This is one of the features I wasn't expecting with the online service.

You can now voice chat with random people in Online games if you have the Nintendo Switch Online app.
Considering Nintendo's normal ways of being rather safe and not letting us have these online features like voice chat because of the younger audience, I was really surprised.

Some games already support it. I know Mario kart and ARMS already do.

Even if it is on the phone app and not built in to the switch, I'm still kinda happy they did this, and can't wait until a few months when I get the online service and try this out.

Reactions: AricAttack
Splatoon2 has had this feature since the start. kinda find it annoying how it's just on the app though, nothing for computers or even for the switch itself.

Guess if I ever wanna use it I'll need to see if I can get it to work on an emulator cause to hell with using my phone's mic lol.

So can everyone yell at each other in the arms party mode lobby?

So can everyone yell at each other in the arms party mode lobby?
I don't have the online service yet, but I think it's a yes.
Will try it out in ARMS when I get the service in a few months.

This is a cool feature but I honestly wish I didn't need an app to do this when I could honestly just be done built in like fortnite. I hope Nintendo can change that in the future but Nintendo doesn't like to follow trends so it's super unlikely they will change their tactics.

Back