You can use Play Coins to buy Trophies in SSB4 for the 3DS

• Thread starter 532
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Stevivor.com says:
smashtrophies-313x220.jpg

YOU CAN USE PLAY COINS TO BUY TROPHIES IN SUPER SMASH BROS. FOR 3DS

Super Smash Bros. Director Masuhiro Sakurai confirmed that gamers will be able to use 3DS Play Coins on trophies in the handheld version of the game.

Trophies can be purchased with either in-game currency or 3DS Play Coins.

Play Coins are earned by having your 3DS on you while you're walking. You can earn 10 Coins a day doing so.

Sakura also confirmed that trophies will periodically be placed on sale.
What do you guys think? Is this a good feature that allows you to buy trophies? Do you think this will encourage more people to earn Play Coins? Let me know in the replies below.

source:
http://stevivor.com/2014/08/you-can-use-play-coins-to-buy-trophies-in-super-smash-bros-for-3ds/

Good for people who walk a lot. Though I was already aware of the trophy shop, I thought the money system would be similar to Super Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl, meaning that you get coins by clearing modes or by fighting.

Guess that it'll be useful for next year's vacation (considering the game will be released in November and that I go back to school in September).

Good for people who walk a lot. Though I was already aware of the trophy shop, I thought the money system would be similar to Super Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl, meaning that you get coins by clearing modes or by fighting.

Guess that it'll be useful for next year's vacation (considering the game will be released in November and that I go back to school in September).
I also thought about the same thing. You can use both currencies to purchase Trophies. You can use the Gold you earn in-game, or you can use the Play Coins as an alternative.
I have like 108 Play Coins on my 3DS that I never use, so they might come in handy later on.

Reactions: D4rkDragon
I also thought about the same thing. You can use both currencies to purchase Trophies. You can use the Gold you earn in-game, or you can use the Play Coins as an alternative.
I have like 108 Play Coins on my 3DS that I never use, so they might come in handy later on.

I hope that the 3DS' Play Coins will have a higher value, since the amount you can get a day is limited, and overall, they're "harder" to get than the game's currency, unless you're walking around a lot.

Reactions: nicklesimba and 532
I hope that the 3DS' Play Coins will have a higher value, since the amount you can get a day is limited, and overall, they're "harder" to get than the game's currency, unless you're walking around a lot.
Yeah. The way I see it, I think a Trophy will be worth 3-5 Play Coins, depending on the uses.
I am sure Nintendo won't make the Trophy cost 60 Play Coins, though :nailbiting:

Reactions: nicklesimba and D4rkDragon
I think it's a nice feature, of course I hope there is still that little minigame to get trophies to,, but it's an interesting concept to pay playcoins for them, I have about 2000 sitting around because I never use them, and I take my 3DS on walks to rack 'em up. It looks like the cost a couple of them though, 300 for the Phantom as I can see in that photo.

No, I still think people would rather play more of the game to unlock more stuff quicker as well as buy Trophies using Smash Tokens more often. I think most of those Trophies can be gotten through other methods besides buying them like say almost all the KIU Idol/Trophies could be gotten even without completing the event and it worked like Melee's Lottery.

No, I still think people would rather play more of the game to unlock more stuff quicker as well as buy Trophies using Smash Tokens more often. I think most of those Trophies can be gotten through other methods besides buying them like say almost all the KIU Idol/Trophies could be gotten even without completing the event and it worked like Melee's Lottery.
I agree, I'd much rather earn them by playing, but it is an interesting system they have going on. I might by one or two trophies if you must only buy some specific ones with Play Coins, but otherwise I won't, I prefer to earn them on my own. But some players might have some difficulty doing it, but nonetheless, getting them by playing and earning them, is a much better experience and reward than just simply buying them.

Sure its a nice feature I guess... I don't really care for trophy's in the smash bros series so doesn'tmatter to me (I'm sure I'll end up getting some trophy's still though :p) I'm glad they have the trophy thing even if all it is is for decoration... Its a nice touch I'd say! And using play coins to get trophy's is even better! Finally I have a reason to get and use play coins! Thanks Nintendo! Does October 2nd feel like it will never come to you? Or is it just me?

I like the feature because it'll probably help collectors get a couple of those elusive trophies. I also like how Play Coins are accepted, since that actually encourages some walking (or violent shaking) with your 3DS. Reminds me of the Idol system in KI:U.

Finally, a use for my playcoins! I've been at max (300) for a good year or two. :p Though, considering how I unlocked all the available playcoin unlockables in DOA, I'd be back at max by the end of 2015. :)

I think it's a nice feature, of course I hope there is still that little minigame to get trophies to,, but it's an interesting concept to pay playcoins for them, I have about 2000 sitting around because I never use them, and I take my 3DS on walks to rack 'em up. It looks like the cost a couple of them though, 300 for the Phantom as I can see in that photo.
2000? That's impossible. You can hold upto a max of 300 Play Coins without using them.
It will not cost 300 Play COins, though. That is too overpriced. The coins you see in the picture are Gold coins, the in-game currency of SSB4.
Finally, a use for my playcoins! I've been at max (300) for a good year or two. :p Though, considering how I unlocked all the available playcoin unlockables in DOA, I'd be back at max by the end of 2015. :)
That's good. I can see a lot of people making use of this feature.
I like the feature because it'll probably help collectors get a couple of those elusive trophies. I also like how Play Coins are accepted, since that actually encourages some walking (or violent shaking) with your 3DS. Reminds me of the Idol system in KI:U.
Lmao yes. Violent shaking is what a lot of people do, but I simply walk around with my 3DS in my pocket while going to my training centre. I get around 3000 steps, coupled with that bumpy bus ride that the 3DS counts as steps :D

It was an overstatement, haha, I just knew I had a lot. And oh, alright, I didn't know that SSB had a currency this time around, I thought they were Play Coins, oops.

I'm really interested in it. It will kinda be like the plaza ticket thing for Streetpass Plaza :p

If 300 play coins weren't the max, then this trophy shop would better come in handy as multiple trophies are worth 300 play coins. Without altering the date on your 3DS, it takes a minimum of 30 days to earn 300 play coins. It'll take several months to buy all the trophies... o_O

I barely use the Play Coins feature to begin with (only in the Mii Plaza). So I won't use it to buy trophies (would only buy the exclusive), I rather earn it the hard way, but I think it's great that the're still implementing this feature into the current games.

Reactions: Eevee
Back