Mario Maker You cannot play online with friends in MM2

• Thread starter 28142
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
“This is true. As the game is now, you cannot create friend lobbies online. You can only play online with randoms. You can still get friends together and play with local play, and you’re free to play with four players on one Nintendo Switch system. You can also still challenge your friends to your creations and take on their designs through Course IDs and having them follow your Maker profile.”

This was a statement by nintendo.

Bottom line is that you cannot create online lobbies with friends, and if you play with friends locally on the same switch, you cannot open that up to the public.

Now, I have no clue why nintendo have done it like this, I was even considering getting the game myself to play with friends. But I aint gonna buy it now, and I think others might end up having the same opinion on that as me. Has this affected your thoughts on the game?

Reactions: TerraKnight
Oh if only Parsec could help.

Reactions: TerraKnight and 28142
So yeah, I’m just gonna jump in here real quick and let everybody know that this information is now outdated. Nintendo just made a tweet today after the Direct was over, which read:

“Mr. Tezuka has confirmed that the ability to play online multiplayer with friends is coming to #SuperMarioMaker2 in a future update. Stay tuned for more information to come.”

Basically, everybody got super mad and triggered (rightfully so), so Nintendo is somewhat listening to its consumers, which is good. Hopefully we get more say in stuff like this in the future.

Reactions: 28142
So yeah, I’m just gonna jump in here real quick and let everybody know that this information is now outdated. Nintendo just made a tweet today after the Direct was over, which read:

“Mr. Tezuka has confirmed that the ability to play online multiplayer with friends is coming to #SuperMarioMaker2 in a future update. Stay tuned for more information to come.”

Basically, everybody got super mad and triggered (rightfully so), so Nintendo is somewhat listening to its consumers, which is good. Hopefully we get more say in stuff like this in the future.
Well, thank god they did it.
A t least I won't be seeing people saying "WHY CAN'T I PLAY WITH MY FRIENDS ONLINE ON SMM2 JKSJSKVSJIVSIHGJIB" anymore.

Too bad Game freak won't listen to the complaints about national dex.

Reactions: James
Too bad Game freak won't listen to the complaints about national dex.
True.

Back