You Can't Spell "Smartphone" Without SMT

• Thread starter dwikrid
  • Start date
dwikrid

dwikrid

Noblesse Oblige
Towns Folk
A surprising hit from Atlus USA. Forget targeting pigs or making bird fly: this is a chance to turn your iOS into a Demon Summoning Program.
The first installment of SMT will have an English release for iOS on March 18th, 2014. Unfortunately, I've no iPhone.

:eek: Why!?! I don't have an iPhone, and I don't think I'll get one anytime soon, but this is really cool. Atlus is drawing more fans into the series on other platforms.

Well it definitely looks interesting :

screen568x568.jpeg

screen568x568.jpeg

screen568x568.jpeg

And the reviews are all 5 stars (92 submitted reviews) :eek:

CyborgNinjaGreyFox said:
Shin Megami Tensei has become my favorite RPG series of all time. Every release by ATLUS has been incredible, and I am now a huge fan of almost every game they publish. However I never thought that the the Super Famicom classic would ever recieve an official release in the US, and yet, here we have a fantastic port of the Game Boy Advance version. The controls are fantastic, and I find that playing the game with one hand in portrait mode is the optimal way to play. The gameplay screen is a bit small, but it does not affect the experience in any negative way. The music is great, and the battle theme is fun to listen to. The music was pulled from the Playstation version of the game, and while a couple of tracks are not quite as good as the Super Famicom version, the majority of tracks sound better in my opinion. The translation was also handled extremely well, and is definitely supperior to the fan translation that exsists. Overall, Shin Megami Tensei is easily worth the asking price, and I highly recommend this game to anyone who enjoys challenging RPGs and First Person dungeon crawlers.

I'll probably wait for a discount like I always do for iOS games, :oops: (still, $8 isn't bad)

Well, @Marc, until March 31st, the price is $5 :p
After 22 years, this game is officially localised!
In Japan, Atlus has released the game for Android, so there might be a chance for Android users to play SMT, too ;)

yay ! i have an i phone :p I'm gonna get it ! :p lol i just missed the discount :cry: maybe i will wait for next year :p
btw is the i phone one or 3ds one better ?

yay ! i have an i phone :p I'm gonna get it ! :p lol i just missed the discount :cry: maybe i will wait for next year :p
btw is the i phone one or 3ds one better ?
To be honest, I always rather the original over the ported, it may seem far-fetched. But I always understand and enjoy the game on it's original platform.

To be honest, I always rather the original over the ported, it may seem far-fetched. But I always understand and enjoy the game on it's original platform.
yeah thats what i thought and anyways the 3ds xl has a much bigger screen :p and usually the ones on a proper gaming device are better :p

No, there is no 3DS version (at least, until now). About the original platform, you can play the fan-translated version (......yeah). :D

I just do not understand why Atlus decided they should finally localize it for Iphone. One of their weirder choices.

I had no clue they went into the smartphone biz lmao

@RealTalk95 even in Japan, they published SMT I and II in smartphone (both iOS and Android). Lucky for anyone owning those smartphone, ehehehe.

Yes but they could have made it a downloadable game on pc and consoles. The game was already made. They just have to tweak some of the emulation software they used as a backdrop in it. No way they could lose money.

Back