You have to either live 500 years in the past or 500 years in the future. Which do you choose?

• Thread starter Shiny
  • Start date
Shiny

Shiny

Pretty much dead x.x
Towns Folk
Hiya guys! Shiny here with another discussion. Today its a Would you Rather discussion. :writing:

The question is "You have to either live 500 years in the past or 500 years in the future. Which do you choose?". Would you want to live hundreds of years ago or hundreds of years in the future?

Personally I would prefer living 500 years in the future. I wonder how awesome things would of turned by then. Flying cars? Life on Mars?

What would you choose and why?

Dangzit, you made the thread before I had the chance.

That’s a really good question. As my answer, I’d say the future. Past has already happened, and future sounds amazing. Plus, imagine all of the incredible games we’ll have by then! GAMERS UNITE, GOING INTO A VIDEO GAME IS NOW POSSIBLE.

Reactions: Alex.Dips
Dangzit, you made the thread before I had the chance.

That’s a really good question. As my answer, I’d say the future. Past has already happened, and future sounds amazing. Plus, imagine all of the incredible games we’ll have by then! GAMERS UNITE, GOING INTO A VIDEO GAME IS NOW POSSIBLE.
YES VIDEO GAMES HAVE BECOME SO EXTREME, YOU CAN NOW GO INTO A VIDEO GAME AND PLAY THE VIDEO GAME AS YOURSELF.

*goes into the year 2518*
*sees the sun going supernova*
“I have made a terrible mistake”

Reactions: Duffy
going to the past would be a obvius mistake for a lot of people , since its very possible your living conditions would become worse because how the world was back in that time, also we cannot know what will happen in 500 years, but if i HAD to choose, i would prefer the future, since i already know that going to the past would be a very bad idea, and the future could be a wonderful world or a terrible one, but not knowing what could happen is better that going directly to your doom

Reactions: Mizunil
I think I would choose 500 years in the future, just to avoid the alternate. 500 years in the past... the world wan't a very developed place. By 2518, I expect a highly developed world. And then I could find out how the world of 2518 looks back on the world of 2018!

We already know what's back 500 years before so going 500 years into the future won't be a bad thing right? I mean we might have new cures, better living conditions and even more technology! I could just imagine what 2520 would look like.

the future because im into mars exploration and i want to see if it happens

and i want to see how advanced technology gets by then

The world might be a wasteland that far into the future, but I already know it was at that point in the past.

So 500 years into the future it is.

I would definitely choose the future, mostly because I love sci-fi and futuristic movies and games! I also wouldn't like to live 500 years in the past mostly because of how different the past was compared to today in terms of living conditions and everyday life. Also, I would love to see the technology in the future and how much would change compared to 500 years ago and now. I imagine robots and holograms so that would be super cool to experience! :)

Hiya guys! Shiny here with another discussion. Today its a Would you Rather discussion. :writing:

The question is "You have to either live 500 years in the past or 500 years in the future. Which do you choose?". Would you want to live hundreds of years ago or hundreds of years in the future?

Personally I would prefer living 500 years in the future. I wonder how awesome things would of turned by then. Flying cars? Life on Mars?

What would you choose and why?
That's a tricky question. what most people who've replied, however, are ignoring one key detail to this question: you get to live for 500 years. that's almost 7 times the average human lifespan. since it doesn't specify whether or not i actually need to survive properly to get to live those 500 years, i'll assume that i can live for 500 years effortlessly without needing to avtually keep my body healthy and/or functioning properly. that leaves the question of which scenario is better. If I happen to choose to live in the past, i can accurately predict what major event happens during the time period i'm in, and based on my quick research of events that have happened in the past 500 years, i can safely conclude that the world is bad. the human civilizations in the past 500 years are all filthy, slow, and painful. if i predict what happens, best case scenario is i become an important figure in history, as i can predict what will happen in the future. worst case scenario, i'm brutally executed for the accusations of me using dark magic to predict what will happen or for the accusations of me being a terrorist for knowing how person a or person b is going to get murdered. Either way, my condition of living is better than most, because according to the deal, i still get to live for 500 years. It feels like cheating, but a deal is a deal. I can also choose to innovate by bringing machinery and items from the future to the past, changing the world in the process. I can introduce airplanes, toasters, and even jaccuzzis and be credited as an inventor of important everyday objects needed for living in the modern day. That would be a win for sure, as it would most likely take at least 300 years to reach modern day status. I can prevent wars and such by using my knowldge of the future as to not slow down my progress. That gives me at most 200 more years to live my life in glory. If I choose to live for 500 years in the future, my living condition will most likely be the same as what it is now, unless i become a hitman and use my ability to live for exactly 500 years as an advantage. since it's 500 years into the future, I will most likely be hunted by the government to learn how exactly i'm able to live for 500 years. best case scenario if i live 500 years into the future is, exactly tommorow, tons of people around the world have scientific breakthroughs and innovate to make the world futuristic, i guess. I would get to live my life with futuristic convenience such as, actual instant noodles that you can make instantly (i hope). worst case scenario: humanity is wiped out tommorow. literal apocalypse. but luckily, i still live for 500 years, meaning that i survive ( i think). i have to live in a filthy boring and dry wasteland. ughhhhhhh that would suck. So my options are a.) gauranteed win. or b.) a gamble, where it could be super great, literally the same as today, or boring post-apocalyptic wasteland. I would have to agree with most of the comments that i've seen on this post and say: b.) literally the apocalypse the future. It's a gamble, but the best case scenario (instant instant noodles!) and the most likely scenario (literally the same as right now, like bruh) more than make up for it. plus, there's no 3d mario games (the only games that matter) 500 years into the past. that sucks. who wants to live in a world without mario?????

Go back 500 years. With my advanced knowledge and understanding, I could get them to worship me as a kind of God, since I would undoubtedly be able to predict the future among other things. I would become leader of their kind and my influence could drastically alter events however I wish, changing the course of history into my own desired direction.

I say if it was anything as good as Futurama then the future is where it's at. If I lived in the past apathy would come and it would be like I never existed. Think of all the future discoveries man will make to make us basically live forever or improve our state of being to the point that everyone will get what they want or try and live on other planets and mine for more resources. I may have overlooked the past and all since you could live in a time of peace if you did it right and maybe the future is like Terminator 2 and would create more problems then solutions at that point and maybe the future has no remedies for death.

Back