You no longer need two hands to use the Nintendo Switch joy-cons

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Vexelius has shown that it is possible to play Nintendo Switch games with one hand using an adaptor to combine the two joy-cons to be used as one :eek:

In the video below, you can see it being used to play The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Single hand Joy-Con adapter for the Nintendo Switch :

Vexelius said:
This adapter was developed by request of my friend Rami Wehbe , who wanted a way to play Zelda: Breath of the wild using only his left hand; as he lost the ability to control his right hand due to a cerebrovascular accident.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild has a complex control scheme, and the shape of the included Joy-Con grip doesn’t help at all. So, I decided to make a customized grip that would help in this situation.

This current design was the result of almost a week of research and lots of failed prototypes, as I had to ensure that it would be easy to print, lightweight and practical. After testing that it works properly, we decided to share it, so that it can be of help to other gamers in a similar situation.
I can see this causing hand cramps with long hours of play. I'm not sure if people with large hands or extremely tiny hands will be able to hold it comfortably either :panda: but the idea is nice.

What do you guys think?

Reactions: AricAttack and 18
That looks very intresting Marc wish I had a switch :p

I can see this being great for people who have somehow lost their right hand or cannot use it for certain reasons of it like his friend did. Although it is probably not very comfortable to put your hand in that position to play, and can probably cause cramps and hurt your hand a lot. If your hands are small, it will be hard to wrap it around that thing.
Also, games that use the D-pad a lot more are much, much harder to play (mortal kombat comes to mind).

Vexelius has shown that it is possible to play Nintendo Switch games with one hand using an adaptor to combine the two joy-cons to be used as one :eek:

In the video below, you can see it being used to play The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Single hand Joy-Con adapter for the Nintendo Switch :

I can see this causing hand cramps with long hours of play. I'm not sure if people with large hands or extremely tiny hands will be able to hold it comfortably either :panda: but the idea is nice.

What do you guys think?
This looks very unnecesary I mean for people who lost control one hannd it is good but honestly it looks very uncomfertble

I would think the would get a bit uncomfortable after a bit . It looks like after a while your hand would start to cramp up. I think it's a good idea to make these types of things to help the people with disabilities so they can enjoy games as while . Hopefully they can come up with more comfortable ways for them to game cause it's really good to see people that once thought they wouldn't be able to do these things cause of a disability be able to enjoy playing. This is a nice thing to do and I hope the friend gets a lot of use out of it.

I honestly don't see the point in this. First off playing like that must be uncomfortable, and I would find it very confusing to maneuver. I like the controls on my controller to just feel natural and smooth. I don't want to be wondering every five seconds how to move Link with that. Also if you want to have the joycons together, just use the controller given in the console. It acts just like a pro controller, and I have no complaints about it. That just looks weird, and unnatural.

Back