AC:NH Your Animal Crossing: New Horizons Island Name

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I'm at a loss when it comes to choosing my island name. It's definitely not going to be the same as the one I chose in the New Leaf days because I got that name from a place in Tales of the Abyss. Old game, so big no no for me.

I'm also against naming it Pallet Town, if the character count is even longer for it.. Pallet Town is too common :c

I have a couple more weeks to decide, so I have time :redpanda:

What are you planning to call your island in Animal Crossing: New Horizons?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jisenku, Alex.Dips, Kamehameha and 2 others
Russia. I'm already thinking of making a communist-themed island. Hope you can customize the flag :thumbsup:

If not Russia, then something like Moscow, I dunno.

Reactions: Marc
Since we'll be sharing the island, it'll probably be a name everyone will decide on.

However, if it was up to me, I'd name it Sunset. Cuz the shot at sunset from the trailer was really beautiful. :')

Reactions: Kamehameha
Since we'll be sharing the island, it'll probably be a name everyone will decide on.
Why can't you guys play on a separate profile?

Why can't you guys play on a separate profile?
I think when it creates extra data for a separate profile, it costs more space. I could be wrong, tho. :x

I think when it creates extra data for a separate profile, it costs more space. I could be wrong, tho. :x
Save data and that's with any game you play, so it's not something you can get away from if you plan to play many Switch games.

Reactions: P2.0
im gonna name mine deetown. in wild world i originaly called it funtown because i honestly didnt care and did the first thing that came to my mind. then, i changed it to deetown cause of my name and i just stuck to it for some reason. i used it in new leaf and after years of that name no town would feel complete for me without that name. im weirdly bonded with it through my soul in some random weird animal crossing way.

IvyFalls will be my towns name & nature will be everything in my town

Reactions: Kamehameha
BetaTrek.

Absolutely meaningless, but it's what I named my New Leaf town years ago, and kinda just stuck with it since, its kinda become tradition lol

Reactions: Jisenku, Alex.Dips and Kamehameha
I usually go with Gotham or Arcadia.

Reactions: Jisenku and Kamehameha
Whenever I played the original Animal Crossing game on GameCube my mom named our town “Catsmeow”. I’ve always named my first town that with every game since. I don’t have any contact with my mom anymore, but I still like to sort of remember the good times with my towns on Animal Crossing. So I’ve already decided that will be my town name on the game. I’m also planning on buying my girlfriend a Switch and Animal Crossing. She has never played it, so I’m going to start a new tradition with the game. :)

Reactions: Alex.Dips
I went with Bahamas. I couldn't think of anything else e.e

Reactions: Jisenku and Alex.Dips
Windfall, because windwaker is an epic game

I ended up naming my island "Magicant." Magicant in Earthbound is a world of the imagination, and my Animal Crossing island serves as that for me!

Besides, I always love a good Earthbound series homage in my naming schemes! I was originally going to go with Tazmily Island until I learned that "island" wasn't automatically added onto the ends of the names.

Bud Island

Named mine Amicitia *means friendship* :) cuz I love the meaning of it n it suits the game

Reactions: Alex.Dips
I named my island Orion, because my town in New Leaf was Rigel. Since Rigel is the brightest star in the Orion constellation, I just played off of that. :p

Reactions: Marc
I called mine Speakeasy because you can only enter if you have a certain item

Reactions: Deepak
Without breaking any personal information rules, my island name is my last name. This is a trend I started after marrying my husband. I restarted GC/WW/CF with that and when I rage quit my one town in NL because Fang left (lol), I did it too, and Rover said to me on the train, "Yeah, [last name] is going to be just the place for you! I know it!" and that especially made it stick (plus I'm a Rover stan lol)

Reactions: Deepak
I named my island Mauville Island. As you can tell, I've just yoinked it from Mauville City in the Hoenn region. I've used this name for my AC games since New Leaf.

Reactions: Kalleh
Back