Your Best and Worst Shiny Experience

• Thread starter Kimopoleis
  • Start date
Kimopoleis

Kimopoleis

Concept Artist, Illustrator, RPG Fan
Towns Folk
No specific gen because I know you all got some crazy experiences out there. :p

My best one was hatching a Tympole in 15 eggs, unintentionally; I was just breeding for good IVs. I didn't even have a Shiny Charm with that, to boot! After that, however, I never hatched a shiny in Gen 6 ever again. *sulks*

My worst experience was spending all night hunting for a shiny Mareep in a horde. I finally caught one after some hours passed only to have it in the worst possible nature! I was so in denial that I continued hunting from there even though it was already late at night and I had work the next morning. Finally caught one with a decent nature and settled for that. So yeah, that was hassle as heck, catching two shinies in a night -- hold on, two shinies in a night, wouldn't that make me lucky instead..? LOL

Share your stories!

Reactions: GamerDudeXXX
My best would probably be breeding my very own shiny (by accident and for the first time). Wanted an umbreon and that first one I hatched was Shiny.

Least favourite experience is having to kill a paralyzed shiny sharpedo that was on 1HP after using 50+ Ultra Balls and running out.

Best shiny experience, hatching a Shiny Ralts with perfect 6 IV's on the 40th egg, I only wanted the perfect IV's but I'll take it. The mega evolved Shiny Gardevoir is great imo.

Worst shiny experience, is the contrary though. My very first shiny was tentacool which I caught during the main game plot. That sounds great until a mention the fact that this was the main game of Sapphire when there was no use for Tentacruel unlike now. That saddened me for a good while. Sometimes you have to take the good with the bad.

Best shiny experience.
My first shiny was a feebas that I fished up in oras. I didn't care that it had a bad nature due to the fact that I was just catching shinies. The fact that I prefer shiny milotic over non shiny milotic was a bonus. I think I'll try it again, though I did accidently encounter a shiny corsella when I was fishing for shiny luvdisc.
Worst experience.
I hAvnt really had a worst experience but I guess the hacked shinys I sometimes get randomly could be one. Seriously I was a little annoyed about getting it, but hey it was shiny.

My experience was my best and worst. I was playing pokemon y, shiny hunting, and I finally encountered my first shiny of that game. I was chaining with the poke radar, and I found a shiny Hawlucha. But the worst part about it was, I accidentally ran from the encounter when I was trying to select fight and use false swipe ;-;

Reactions: Kimopoleis
Best shiny experience: Fishing for a Pokemon on Pokemon Sun, and somehow I managed to find a Shiny gold Lv. 20 Magikarp near the start of the game! I was just in utter shock, and I caught it after using hold back (move) from Snorlax (iirc) and a Pokeball. Used a rare candy so it evolved into the almighty red Gyarados! Reminds me of Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal when you encounter it at the Lake of Rage. :eek:

Worst shiny experience: None as of yet. xD

Reactions: Kimopoleis
I only have a bad experience because I usually never try to get shines using special methods (like chaining, etc.). That experience is when I decided to try out chaining (specifically with the PokeRader in Pokemon Y) and record myself, and nothing special seemed to happen. I decided to watch the video and I was showing it to my friend and... at the very end of the video something bad happened. Really, really bad... I could see a shiny patch that I didn't see when I was recording and I walked off screen, then the video then ended.

So... long story short I could have gotten a shiny but for some reason I didn't see it until I watched the recording, and it was to late at that point.
Darn :(

Oh no because of this i can remember that worst one no !!! But this is what happen : I was shiny hunting a terrakion, and i did at least 1453 chain if i can remember well . while i was doing it , i discovered it was a shiny and i did false swip to damage him to 1 HP and I paralyzed him . You people imagine this is 100% sure to capture a pokemon . Then i was trying now my best to capture him i used at least 25 pokeball of all types expect the master ball . Suddenly, I realized that my opponent Terrakion had no move and i don't know the name of that move . It comes when all your PP of all your moves gets finished . Then he used it and killed itself ;:cry: . I shouted "NO" and i was discourage after that .

One time I was playing Pokémon y encountering Pokémon all day until a shiny one came out it was around Christmas and I remember catching a Shiny Honedge and Sentret ,but when I saw Sentrets Gender I was happy it was a female ,but when I saw Honedges gender it was a female and I was pretty upset I had the feeling to deposit it for a legendary also I kind of regret wasting my time because dude it was around Christmas most people spend time with their family by singing songs even if it's not Christmas yet.

I caught a shiny krabby on Pokémon Silver but back in the day I wasn't aware of what that was, so I traded with the NPC... T_T
The best experience was probably on pokémon X/Y, 15 years later, I finally got another shiny and it was awesome! xD

Best shiny experience was a shiny Purrloin I tried breeding using masuda method, shiny charm. And I got it on my fifth try. First ever Shiny in Omega Ruby. Now a Lv. 70 Liepard.
Worst ever experience was a shiny abra in Moon and as you can guess I didn't have a Pokémon with mean look to prevent it from running away so I tried throwing a poke all but it managed to flee and teleport. Saddest ever as alakazam is one of my favorite mega's.

So I was playing pokemon platinum, being my first ever game, and I was quite a noob. Most mechanics I didn't get nor understand and most of the game I spent grinding my torrterra on weak pokemon. When I got to victory road I managed to stumble upon a shiny Magne zone but since not knowing about shinys and the color scheme not changing much I just killed it. About a week later I found out about shinys and boy was I dissapointed

I have only encountered two real shinies in Pokemon (I don't want to hear about how people's first "shiny" was the red gyrados). In SoulSilver I found a shiny Mareep (which has pink fur by the way). Since I then cheated in that version I then leveled it up to a level 100 Ampharos (which is pink). Then in Sun and Moon, on memorial hill I found a shiny zubat (which is green). However, as I had my team set I did not use it. However since I caught basically everything I saw in that game I formed another team which I figured I'd level up after I beat the game, which I will just transfer to ultra moon. Then I will level it up to a shiny crobat!

Best:
Getting a Shiny Chimchar while hatching Chimchar to send to the GTS

Worst:
This one sucks so much ;-; I was trying out a randomizer for Pokemon Platinum. While randomly training, I found a Shiny Scizor. Now, I encountered this pretty early in the game, So I had nothing better than the handful of 5 Pokeballs given to me. That Scizor's move set was AMAZING, it had moves like Judgment and some other cool moves that I forgot. Eventually, I used up my final Pokeball in the attempt to catch it and had to kill it.

Back