Persona Q Your favorite and least favorite Persona Q characters

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Reactions: JayRawrTiz
For favorite characters, I'll go with Aigis. She's lovable, but I dunno whether she is more humane (like in P3FES) or not. Basically I'll stick with her.

Well, Elizabeth-Theodore couple is hilarious as ever, so they count as my favorite, too.

While Koromaru... Unfortunately he doesn't speak so let's say he's the least favorite. Ugh. Good boy, keep up with Junpei, yes.

Won't we get Igor? I know his Japanese voice actor has deceased, so...

Favourite character, damn this is hard.

I would have to go with kanji. He's hilariously awesome in every way imaginable, surprisingly deep and also pretty strong. Yosuke is a close second, his character art is probably the best of all the Persona Q characters and he was a fun character. Junpei of course is also up there.

As for worst it's so easily Ken. God I hated him in P3FES and I doubt he's much better here.

Hmm, my favorite characters would definitely be the P3 Protag, Makoto (even though I acknowledge him as Minato) and Junpei. Even though P4 was my first Persona game, I liked the Protag in 3 a bit more for some unknown reason that can't be explained. Most likely because I see so many people loving the 'Broswagonist' Yu Narukami, maybe I like being a hipster or something lol I don't know. As for Junpei, out of all the characters in P3 and P4, I felt Junpei had the best character development and growth out of everyone. Period. He went from jealous class-clown to being one of my most reliable bros and don't get me started on how much I loved him in P3P while playing as the female protagonist :love:

...y u not let me date Junpei, Atlus? :(

As for least favorite characters, I'd go with Yukari and Rise. Yukari because, even though she may have had her reasons, she still acted like a mean [insert inappropriate word] when the game wasn't revolving around her. Even during the Answer, she acted as if she were to only who missed the Protag, even though, I'm sure Aigis may have missed him just as much, if not more. But, of course, while playing as the female protag in P3P, I liked her very, very much.

Now, as for Rise, I hate how she clings to the Protag even though it's obvious I decided to pair him with Ayane, his one true love and my OTP. Plus, she sucks as an analyzer. Fuuka may take a couple turns to give you information but at least she gives you something to work with; Rise essentially is Teddie with how at the beginning of the game he "remembers" the monsters' weaknesses for you. I saved you to be useful, Rise, why can't you do your one and only job correctly? :mad:

...And now I just realized I wrote a huge wall of text lol :oops:

Reactions: JayRawrTiz and weaselpipe
As for Junpei, out of all the characters in P3 and P4, I felt Junpei had the best character development and growth out of everyone. Period. He went from jealous class-clown to being one of my most reliable bros and don't get me started on how much I loved him in P3P while playing as the female protagonist :love:

I think Yosuke had a similar plot arc to Junpei, but he was a lot less annoying in the beginning. Junpei was quite intensely creepy for a while, flitting to "lovably confused" at the drop of a hat...

My favourites are Naoto and Yukari- Naoto because she has a good story arc, Yukari for the same reason Saisymbolic dislikes her- I felt she was realistic as a teenage girl who had always gotten attention for her looks and finally found someone who accepted her for every reason other than her looks but then he's gone and she's rightfully very hormonal and sad... more hormanal than Aigis who is an actual robot (and is still learning about emotions in Ultimax 3 years later).

Least favourite may have to be Ken for the sheer brattishness of him, or Rise for her clingy obsession with Yu (in my first playthrough he was with Yumi, Chie in most subsequent).

I do have a lot of love for the siblings of the velvet room

I was a actually a big fan of both Junpei and Yosuke. Both of them fill a very similar role but are inherently pretty different characters with very different problems plaguing them. Their main role was to be the character's best friend and I honestly felt that they both did the job perfectly from the beginning.

I honestly felt that Yukari and Rise were somewhat similar and I absolutely loved the characters. They were both deep, interesting and had nice music. Plus the lovers arcana is always useful.

I completely agree though, Ken is easily the least likeable, especially for what he did to Shinji.

I can see the comparison between Rise and Yukari, I found Rise was instantly all over the protagonist like a flannel (a trait Atlus later mocked in Conception 2) whereas Yukari took a lot more getting to know and barrier breaking.

I notice Marie is escaping the vitriol, I quite like her!

The main reason they did that was because yukari was introduced right at the very start of the game while rise comes somewhere in the middle of persona 4. So rise didn't really have the time for as much character development as yukari. Nevertheless I felt she was a pretty deep character and was actually totally okay with her clinginess at the beginning.

My least favorite (being nice) will always be Junpei, 'cause he's that kind of guy that thinks he's cool, but he's nothing. He isn't even funny. "Who's da man?", definitely not him ¬¬

My favorite will always be Mitsuru, because... she's pretty *-*
And smart *-*
And rich *-*
And got THAT attitude...

Mitsuru, my waifu s2

Let me start off by saying that Persona Q is AWESOME!!! But I did'm come here just to nerd out about how good it is. I want an opinion on who is your favorite character in Persona Q. My personal favorite is Yosuke. (Just look at my profile icon) Let me know who's you're favorite character!

Disclaimer, I've not played Persona Q yet, out of a lack of cash, but I have played Persona 4 dozens of times.

Favorite Characters:
Yu, simply because I feel the way they did him in Persona 4 and what I've seen of Persona Q is really cool.
You can react to most things, or you can choose to be a literal silent protagonist!
Teddie, as I always found an interest in his 'shadow' side. As someone who suffers from clinical depression and suicidal thoughts, I resonated a lot with him.
Yukiko, as I always found her to be another very relatable character. Shy, sweet, but hiding a side of herself that looked up to her best friend in a somewhat envious way.

Least Favorite Characters:
Yosuke, as while I really love the design of his character, he genuinely just annoys me. He always has the need to be the center of attention, and while he tries to be the 'nice guy' he always is trying to draw attention to himself. Not to mention his homophobia, which no character properly addresses.
Margaret, simply because she bored me. While she changes drastically when you get social links with her, none of those changes really make her 'interesting,' at least not to me.

Let me start off by saying that Persona Q is AWESOME!!! But I did'm come here just to nerd out about how good it is. I want an opinion on who is your favorite character in Persona Q. My personal favorite is Yosuke. (Just look at my profile icon) Let me know who's you're favorite character!
Lelz back when I was a noob! As stated a long time ago, my favorite character is Yosuke. I'm currently in the third dungeon and using my favorite party lineup:

Yu Narukami - cuz he's my main character
Yosuke Hanamura - cuz he's voiced by yuri lowenthal/very quick in battle/funny as hell :D
Naoto Shirogane - Hama and Mudo skills
Makoto Yuki - cuz he's also voiced by yuri lowenthal/agi skills
Ken Amada - his Hama skills plus he has Orpheus Telos as his sub-persona

Really liking this lineup! :D

Reactions: Marc
Favorite Character is Youske Hanamara. Love his personality and style when he fights.

Character I dislike the most is Rei. She was so whiny and annoying to deal with

Yukari Takeba and Chie Satonaka are my least fav characters cause they both rather winy and annoy . They also seem a lot more selfish at time then the rest of the characters can but that that kinda personality just really gets under my sink cause you wanna feel something for them and just when your about to they ruin it ,making you think twice about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back