Mario Kart your feelings about fire hopping patch in mk8 deluxe ?

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
i havent learned much about this topic, but i did watch a couple youtube videos explaining fire hopping and how to perform the technique from a gamexplain person who discussed it and made a comparison to trying it in mk8 and then mario kart 8 deluxe using his own ghost in time trial where he would challenge his record that did not use fire hopping and then try beating it using the technique (and his ghost was pretty good btw, it was even hard for him to keep up using the trick in mario kart 8 and he was only ahead by one second max if i remember right), he also noted that he was not 100% proficient with fire hopping but i think he did well enough in mario kart 8 that he beat his ghost by a couple seconds. but, when he went to mario kart 8 deluxe, the trick wasnt behaving as it did in mario kart 8, putting him much further behind his own ghost and i personally feel that this proved it was actually removed in deluxe when nintendo released it.

its hard for me to complain about this since i never tried fire hopping in mk8, but i think this may be for the better especially for average players so that when they play online (for people who like to) they arent overchallenged in a rather ridiculous fashion, especially if they either lack the skill to do it and/or dont know how. i feel its better this way for the sake of having more balanced gameplay, but i understand why people who enjoyed fire hopping might feel more disappointed at this news. Your thoughts about it?

Fire hopping looked obnoxious. I tried it ince and just hurt my hand spamming the hop button. It also only works with stick controls, which makes me sad because motion controls are my life. Annoying tech like this should be removed because it makes the game more painful to play.

Back