So,what is your lands traditional food?
Ill start :
weirdly that qualifies as food here:
grunkohl-ausgepresst.JPG

but we also have this:
currywurst-and-chips-at-curry-66.jpg

and also that:
Wiener_Schnitzel_mit_Pommes_130368.jpg

The first thing is Grünkohl,the second is Currywurst,the third is Wiener Schnitzel
(btw I dont now where to put it,so I choose that sub forum)

Reactions: 532
Boring stuff like roti, dal, etc. Rice with dal is nice. With pickles. Biryani is OK. The point is, no food is particularly entertaining. I'd rather eat pizza.

Edit: And to avoid the same question yet again, it isn't India.

Well, I live in the US so....

hero_pdt_value_au.png

Reactions: Mikaya, 18, Jack and 2 others
Beans are a MUST for almost every brazilian, so we have the classic combination of Rice and Beans.

104.jpg

Of course you can add french fries, meat, eggs and vegetables to the mix, but you just can't remove the Rice and the Beans from the common brazilian dinner.
And we have the world-known FEIJOADA, which is Beans mixed with pork and other types of meat.

FOTO-NOVIDADE-01-FEIJOADA.jpg

Reactions: 18
Here we have poutine!

poutine-3.jpg

Reactions: 18
Here, it varies depending on which region you go to. But, just for your sake, I'll post a few known recipes:
220px-Choucroute-p1030190.jpg
< This is what we call a "choucroute garnie". It is made from sausage, potatoes and cabbage. Oh, and some ham as well. Popular in Alsace and Lorraine.
260px-Tartiflette_and_Fried_Ham.jpg
< Another known recipe here. This is a "Tartiflette". It's made from Reblochon (cheese), pork, potatoes and cream. Of course, generally, the dishes for those are bigger :p (You might encounter this in Savoy or Rhône-Alpes) !
320px-Bowl_of_cassoulet.JPG
< This is what we call a "cassoulet". Again, it's a recipe you might encounter often here, that is made from meat (particularly duck/goose, pork, and sometimes mutton), and white haricot beans.

And at least but not at last, let me show you a French dessert:
220px-Tartine_bakery_opera_cake_in_2007.jpg
< This is an opera cake. Made from ganache, chocolate glaze, sponge cake, and coffee syrup (and coffee buttercream), it is also a well known dessert, especially around Paris. This dessert became popular thanks to the French patisserie house Dalloyau.

That's all for now, I suppose :).

Reactions: 18 and 532
So,what is your lands traditional food?
Ill start :
weirdly that qualifies as food here:
grunkohl-ausgepresst.JPG

but we also have this:
currywurst-and-chips-at-curry-66.jpg

and also that:
Wiener_Schnitzel_mit_Pommes_130368.jpg

The first thing is Grünkohl,the second is Currywurst,the third is Wiener Schnitzel
(btw I dont now where to put it,so I choose that sub forum)
German delicacies! :D I just love 'em so much!

Boring stuff like roti, dal, etc. Rice with dal is nice. With pickles. Biryani is OK. The point is, no food is particularly entertaining. I'd rather eat pizza.

Edit: And to avoid the same question yet again, it isn't India.
HEY. HOW DARE YOU. I know, dal, lentils, roti, boring, meh...
But, BIRYANI?! HOW COULD YOU?! :rage:

Although I agree. I'd rather eat Pizza as well ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3823
My family pretty much eats rice for lunch and dinner every day and if we feel a little daring we eat roti lol

Since I live in America my main foods are hamburgers,hotdogs,pizza, white people food basically but I like Mexican,Italian,Japanese food more

Here, it varies depending on which region you go to. But, just for your sake, I'll post a few known recipes:
220px-Choucroute-p1030190.jpg
< This is what we call a "choucroute garnie". It is made from sausage, potatoes and cabbage. Oh, and some ham as well. Popular in Alsace and Lorraine.
260px-Tartiflette_and_Fried_Ham.jpg
< Another known recipe here. This is a "Tartiflette". It's made from Reblochon (cheese), pork, potatoes and cream. Of course, generally, the dishes for those are bigger :p (You might encounter this in Savoy or Rhône-Alpes) !
320px-Bowl_of_cassoulet.JPG
< This is what we call a "cassoulet". Again, it's a recipe you might encounter often here, that is made from meat (particularly duck/goose, pork, and sometimes mutton), and white haricot beans.

And at least but not at last, let me show you a French dessert:
220px-Tartine_bakery_opera_cake_in_2007.jpg
< This is an opera cake. Made from ganache, chocolate glaze, sponge cake, and coffee syrup (and coffee buttercream), it is also a well known dessert, especially around Paris. This dessert became popular thanks to the French patisserie house Dalloyau.

That's all for now, I suppose :).
That's it. I'm moving to France.

Reactions: 532, Moon Rain, Mikaya and 1 other person
Potatoes. Woot woot.

632014032559.jpg

Reactions: 532 and 18
Fish and Chips

Reactions: ArtsyThePikachu~
I'm part Native American. So we eat Corn, Carrots, Apples, Deer, Bear, Rabbits, Duck, Chickens, water, Cows/Milk, etc. For every Animal we kill we eat and take everything from the animal, bones, fur, etc. Also I hate fast food.

the usual boring indian meals consisting of rice and a large range of curries (lamb, chicken, fish, veg etc). Twice a day. Not really a huge fan of curries though. I prefer fast food. I know I was born and live in England, but my parents are from Bangladesh so that makes me have the same type of food. xD

We have...

-Goulash (Gulyás)
tradicionalis_gulyasleves_2.jpg

"It contains chunks of beef, potatoes, and vegetables, plus plenty of paprika and spices."

-Meat Stew (Pörkölt)
114890_porkolt01.jpg

" A pastoral stew made of meat (often beef or chicken gizzards), tomato, paprika, and onions, usually served with a side of Hungarian noodles called nokedli."

-Chimney Cake (Kürtöskalács)
kurtoskalacs.jpg

"A Transylvanian sweet spiral pull-apart bread that is baked rotisserie-style outdoors over charcoal.
Often rolled in cinammon, sugar, cocoa, nuts, or coconut flakes, chimney cake is hot, fresh, sweet deliciousness."

-Biscuits (Pogácsa)
19.jpg

"Small, bite-sized biscuits, dense and doughy in the center and often topped with cheese."

- Túró Rudi (the name basically means Cottage Cheese Robert :D)
enhanced-buzz-25648-1392183925-9.jpg

"A dark chocolate bar filled with sweetened túró cheese, available flavored or with jam fillings as well. The name of the most popular brand of túró rudi in Hungary,Pöttyös, translates to “dotty” and is wrapped in adorable polka-dot paper."

There are a lot more delicious traditional Hungarian foods, but these are my favorite. :D

I question why people say Indian Food is boring >.>
mysore-masala-dosa_article.jpg

This is a Dosa (I love these *~*) it is usually stuffed with Potato and is served with Sambar and Chutney which are nice and spicy :p
23c73f1e34.jpg

The we have Tandoori Chicken which is so good -~- It tastes like barbeque chicken but with a lot of spices added to it :p

Well these are some Filipino dishes I grew up withimage.jpg
This is lechon

Back