Your opinion on a Trophy Shop

• Thread starter sodajet
  • Start date

Do you want to see a trophy shop in Smash Bros?

• Total voters
sodajet

sodajet

Work-life balance is hard
Towns Folk
Sakurai recently announced that there will be a trophy shop in Super Smash Bros. This shop will let you buy trophies, with some of them occasionally going on sale.
LkDS7ie.jpg

Do you think this takes away the fun of collecting them all or is it a useful feature to help you get every one of those elusive trophies?

Even if he adds it, I would not buy any, even if it means I won't be able to collect them all. I just like to collect my trophies by playing the game, if you can buy them, then where is the fun in saying you earned them.

That's nice. Though I'm not that kind of trophy freak, that adds some replay value to people who wants to get enough money to get them all. Nice move from Sakurai to add this to the 3DS version (and probably the WiiU version too in some way).

It's a neat idea however I think most of the trophies you can get through playing the game (through minigames/certain conditions/ Lottery) will be the same trophies you can get in the store. Another thing I like to add is the convert PC to buy things which I find a neat thing/alternative to buying them with Smash Currency.

Yeah, I'm glad they're making Play Coins a valid currency for the shop. It reminds me of Sakurai's other game, Kid Icarus: Uprising, where you could use play coins to get new idols. As for the trophies, they probably will be the common ones. I think I like the feature so far since it'll help people who want to collect them all but are having a hard time getting them in-game.

Doesn't make a whole lot of difference for me really... Of course i'll collect some trophies but I mean all they are is decoration and have tid bits of info on them right..? I'm an avid N64 user and play A LOT of SSB 64 myself, and love how the game is simple yet exciting in its own way, while SSB 3D looks like it may be more complicated and have a lot more features (like you said a trophie shop....) I hope Nintendo will keep the simplicity that the first one was radiating for the 4th one.... Time will tell.

Back