Support Needed Your preference on a matter.

• Thread starter EntityHoundoor
  • Start date

Download or Buy at GameStop?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
EntityHoundoor

EntityHoundoor

Let Your Geek Flag Fly!
Towns Folk
one struggle I normally have when looking for a new 3ds game is whether I should download the game or get it from the GameStop. I personally can't choose. I like having the physical element of the game cartridge in my hand, but i also like to have all of my videogames all right in front of me where I don't have to dig for them in a bin or something. Also, driving back and forth to the store can get a bit tedious every time I want a new game. CAN ANYONE HELP ME DECIDE?!?!?!

Can anyone help me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Having physical copies of games is always nice because you get to see your collection grow over time. I love having physical copies as well, but I turn to digital from now because I have a dog and he will eat the games (he ate my sister's Animal Crossing and my Pokémon White).

I would advise getting the digital copies if you have a dog, or if you hardly get a chance to go to GameStop. But if you don't have a dog go for the physical copies, actually getting to hold the games is much better.

Reactions: 18
I thank you for your help, Jeff, but even though it kind of helps, it also doesn't really help me overcome my dilemma. I fully agree with you for everything you said, but it still leaves me asking my main question.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Depends on the game actually :p If a game's size is relatively large such as around 10,000 or more blocks ( as I define as large ) then it is better to get the game at retail since it'll take up space in your SD card , but for anything less sized , digital is better , also , retail is better since in the case of your 3ds being formatted or somehow destroyed , you'll still have your games , less compared to losing all in digital .

I would also add the point that, if you love the artwork for the physical copy vs the digital difference that can make a difference too you. I loved the artwork and how the cartridge looked for ORAS so I got the physical version. I also think that there's a fun feeling when you actually go out and buy the game. But you know, if you travel alot digital might be the best way to go.

Well, since it's on the 3DS I'd say go digital because whenever you're on the road you'll have all your games with you without having to worry about losing cartridges *flashbacks to DS days when we'd go everywhere and I'd take my DS*. I find it more convenient for handheld games to be digital, mostly because of travel purposes.

I like physical copies more. You can sell them if you don't like the game any more or let your friends play it and you get a fancy box with boxart to add to your collection. You also keep space on your 3ds for download only games. Then again, if you're a really messy person you might lose your physical copy, so in that case you'd better go digital.

Back