Your Reaction: Super Mario 3D Galaxy

• Thread starter srgs
  • Start date
srgs

srgs

3DS FC: 0430-8596-8893
Towns Folk
How would you feel if a new Mario game called "Super Mario 3D Galaxy" was announced? Would you like it to be another successor to 3D Land, or a Galaxy sequel(or maybe both in some way)?

I personally think it'd make sense, looking at how the 3D games' names go:
Land -> World -> Galaxy
There's even a 3 in it to go with Galaxy.

EDIT: Also, according to Miyamoto, a new Galaxy game may be a possibility in the future. So, idk if that might mean anything to you but ok.

I'd prefer a genuinely new Mario game. If they go the sequel route, I'd rather see Sunshine. That said, I'm sure I'd buy it and enjoy it.

I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I doubt it will happen. Super Mario Galaxy might see a new release in the next generation, but I think for the Wii U/3DS there will be a new game instead.

That would be neat trying to use Yoshi's tongue with the stylus and shaking the 3DS in order for Mario to spin (which is needed for almost all of the game). Now that I'm going over controls how would Mario/Yoshi spin? The R button? Perhaps if there was one on the 3DS the only thing stopping it from getting a good rating would be the controls.

How would you feel if a new Mario game called "Super Mario 3D Galaxy" was announced? Would you like it to be another successor to 3D Land, or a Galaxy sequel(or maybe both in some way)?

I personally think it'd make sense, looking at how the 3D games' names go:
Land -> World -> Galaxy
There's even a 3 in it to go with Galaxy.

EDIT: Also, according to Miyamoto, a new Galaxy game may be a possibility in the future. So, idk if that might mean anything to you but ok.

Sir you might be a genius, I cant be I didnt notice the land,world, galaxy thing....but just to let you know, super mario galaxy 1 and 2 were already in 3d, but super mario world and land were not. Think about......3

but super mario world and land were not. Think about......3
By Land and World, I mean Super Mario 3D Land and Super Mario 3D World, not the old 2D side scrollers.

I know.

3D Galaxy would suggest it would be on the 3DS, naturally. But hey, I think that the whole Galaxy thing is done now so they should do something completely new with Mario, including a slightly changed art style from NSMB.

I think that the whole Galaxy thing is done now so they should do something completely new with Mario, including a slightly changed art style from NSMB.
Except that they actually said that the Galaxy series isn't done yet and that there may be a new Galaxy game in the future.

i would get it but a new 3d mario game for 3ds would be better i think. and also if they did make it i think that it would be not as good or just rediiculosly huge to download like 40,000 blocks or something.

Except that they actually said that the Galaxy series isn't done yet and that there may be a new Galaxy game in the future.

"may be" If they go ahead with Galaxy 3, sure, if they can make it better than #2. I personally think it's time to move on unless they revamp the Mario style from NSMB but keep the Galaxy gameplay perhaps if they do a #3.

I think it's time to be creative and think of something radical. A game that's similar to all the other Mario games in terms of overall look and feel (3D World) won't be as successful as something that really shakes up and revitalizes the formula. I'm sure somethings in the works at Miyamoto's secret laboratories but we'll be blind until they give an announcement (hopefully in the upcoming spring). I don't know how far the Wii U can chug along until it just drops dead and di.. I mean faints.

I, personally, would prefer a new Galaxy game, but only if they go back to the way they did it in Galaxy 1. I liked the Observatory FAR more than the faceship they gave us in Galaxy 2.

If it's a sequel to 3D World, I would also like to see them change it up from the usual. It gets a bit repetitive after a while...

Super Mario galaxy for the 3DS would be cool, if that is what you mean by this... My cousin thinks a remake of super Mario sunshine would be cool for the 3DS! And I think I would have to agree with him! As for the galaxy thing? I think Nintendo will end up announcing another sequel soon!

Galaxy isn't retro, so Super Mario 3D Galaxy will most likely not be the next announced 3D mario game. Super Mario 3D Bros. would make more sense than SM3DG. Also Super Mario Galaxy is already in 3D, so it wouldn't go.

I'd be happy with 3D galaxy. 3D land was good but it just got so repetitive by the end of it, there was nothing new there. 3D galaxy though could add in some new features and change it up a little. 3D worlds is a good example of them doing just that.

Reactions: srgs
I would be speechless, I'm a huge fan of the Super Mario Galaxy games, I love the creativity that has been implemented in the Galaxy games. Only if they make some huge change to the franchise, or an addition, then I'll be interested, even though I love the franchise, I do think a Super Mario Sunshine would be better on the 3DS, but I'm also seeing the Galaxy series, working out well with that console. :panda: Either ways, I think if they do announce a Super Mario 3D Galaxy, I'd be super grateful, and speechless! :)

Reactions: 532 and Rocky
Super Mario Galaxy 3D wouldn't really go well with the 3DS, as it does not have the motion controls the Wii/Wii U have to offer. If they did release a game similar to Super Mario Galaxy in terms of mechanics/difficulty, it would be more of a Super Mario 3D Land 2. I would still pick it up, as it is my favorite Mario game of all time :) It would sell relatively well, too. Not many people have gotten to enjoy a Mario game of it's difficulty on the 3DS.

Super Mario Galaxy 3D wouldn't really go well with the 3DS, as it does not have the motion controls the Wii/Wii U have to offer. If they did release a game similar to Super Mario Galaxy in terms of mechanics/difficulty, it would be more of a Super Mario 3D Land 2. I would still pick it up, as it is my favorite Mario game of all time :) It would sell relatively well, too. Not many people have gotten to enjoy a Mario game of it's difficulty on the 3DS.
I think that maybe, since the 3ds is able to sense when it's being moved, Nintendo might be able to set "deadzone" so that the 3ds would pick up a harsh movement, but not a small movement, that could be used for a flip. also, If they did do a 3d version of galaxy, It would be cool if they maybe added a launch-star that allowed you to control where you are going by tilting the 3ds screen.

Reactions: 532
I feel like I'm the only one that feels that the Galaxy games are a little bit overrated. I don't know if it's because I played them back-to-back a few years after they were releasedm or what. I mean, I love the bosses, the creativity, the addition of Rosalina, Yoshi in Galaxy 2. But, they just don't seem that great to me.

I haven't even completed Galaxy 2 (the bonus levels). I found 3D World to be more challenging and entertaining.

Back