Your thoughts of Kirby's Epic Yarn?

• Thread starter Starry Windy
  • Start date
Starry Windy

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Towns Folk
I haven't played the game that I'll be describing soon, but I heard that it have sweet feeling, so I'd like to discuss this Wii game. It's Kirby's Epic Yarn. In this game, for some reason, Kirby has turned into a yarn when he curiously eats the yarn-like Maxim Tomato (it's dubbed as Metamato, according to the story teller) and sucked into the world of Patch Land, which caused Kirby to unable to inhale the enemies because of his new form. However, there's a plus side, since he can transform into many things like car, submarine or even tank to take down enemies. With Prince Pluff, they'll do their best to reunite Patch Land's pieces which were detached because of a villain called Yin-Yarn.

This game is known to have clothing-based feel, graphics-wise, and have a pretty sweet tune as well. Do you have any thoughts of this game?

Last edited:
Eh, the game was really designed for younger kids, so I didn't like it. There is no health bar making it literally impossible to Game Over, and various other aspects just made it seem to easy and kid-friendly for me. Although the gameplay itself wasn't too bad, I guess.

Eh, the game was really designed for younger kids, so I didn't like it. There is no health bar making it literally impossible to Game Over, and various other aspects just made it seem to easy and kid-friendly for me. Although the gameplay itself wasn't too bad, I guess.
I'm going to have to agree with Nivag on this one. The gameplay is... OK, but there is no challenge to this game. I can't tell you not to get it, but I will tell you that if you come into this expecting a challenge, you will be disappointed.

Kirby's epic yarn is a fun game, i dont like it as a kirby game because it doesnt have the same charm i think it should have been a new ip. But the game is really fun and worth it if you find it cheap but return to dreamland is 900% better that epic yarn, ITS SOOO COOOL

Well, if you're looking for a traditional Kirby game, look somewhere else, but if you're looking for a fun time (especially with a friend), this is the game for you.
Kirby's Epic Yarn is, unlike the title says, a simple, non-challenging, easy to master game which basically exists only to make you smile and be happy. It provides no challenge, no punishment for messing up and no truly satisfying story or boss fights or anything really.
Yeah, this is one of those games which you play, finish, and never come back to. Unless, of course, you're trying to beat it 100%, which turns this lovable, heart warming, fluffy game into a frustrating (still fluffy) cloth made patch of hell.
If you're gonna get it, it's gonna be to go "aww" and smile the whole way through.

I hope I was helpful.

its a nice and relaxing game but way too easy with no deaths and the only objective is to collect beads and complete levels.Oh and dont get me started on multiplayer your friend can turn u into a baseball and throw you around constantly.

Oh and dont get me started on multiplayer your friend can turn u into a baseball and throw you around constantly.

That's the best part.;)

I haven't played the game that I'll be describing soon, but I heard that it have sweet feeling, so I'd like to discuss this Wii game. It's Kirby's Epic Yarn. In this game, for some reason, Kirby has turned into a yarn when he curiously eats the yarn-like Maxim Tomato (it's dubbed as Metamato, according to the story teller) and sucked into the world of Patch Land, which caused Kirby to unable to inhale the enemies because of his new form. However, there's a plus side, since he can transform into many things like car, submarine or even tank to take down enemies. With Prince Pluff, they'll do their best to reunite Patch Land's pieces which were detached because of a villain called Yin-Yarn.

This game is known to have clothing-based feel, graphics-wise, and have a pretty sweet tune as well. Do you have any thoughts of this game?

It realy fun with a friend to play with: but it IS easy. If you played previous Kirby games there is a surprise in it, I won't tell and spoil in case you buy it. The actual gameplay is not like others though, but it is fun to 100% Unfornately there is nothing to do after getting enough beads to complete it...

not played it but it looks really cute
658922.jpg
i watched some reviews of it and you cant die... I guess it is a kids game :| and you make houses also you cant suck up things... why is this a Kirby game? the blue guy *forgot his name* should of had a leading role instead

Reactions: Kakea
i watched some reviews of it and you cant die... I guess it is a kids game :| and you make houses also you cant suck up things... why is this a Kirby game? the blue guy *forgot his name* should of had a leading role instead

The funny thing is... that the blue guy (Prince Fluff) was supposed to be the sole main character in the game (hey, it was even named "Keito no Fluff" back then) before Nintendo asked the game developers to include Kirby in it when the development of the game are stuck in the middle, and according to Iwata Asks, it worked for the better.

it still did take out the main power of the series

and it blows :3

Last edited by a moderator:
it still did take out the main power of the series

and it blows :3

Lol! Seriously if he was going to be the main character, they shoulda made a spinnoff
but the series starts getting harder as new game released!

I think it's a cute little game for the young'uns. I like how it's textile based, it's a nice twist on the Kirby series. It kinda reminds of me Yoshi's Woollys World. I wouldn't personally buy and play the game myself, I would get bored after a short period of time. It's good that you can't really lose a life, because kids might get raged and upset. xD

I have yet to playbit myself, but it certainly looks cute and fun.

Kirby games generally have little challange, so that's not a real counter point against it :p they're more focused on delivering fun instead of zomgtoohardplshelp.

I think that this is one of the better moments in the entire Kirby franchise, with such promise and creativity behind every piece of the level design, the only real flaw to the game is the extremely short length of the main story. The side levels help fill in for this, but really, I don't see much wrong with the game beyond this.

Back