Your thoughts on Anime

• Thread starter BonnetteForever
  • Start date
BonnetteForever

BonnetteForever

The Derp Lord
Towns Folk
What are your thoughts on anime shows, music, or anything related to Anime at all

Personally I don't like Anime at all I used to though and it was good but then I stopped watching it and I got bored of it.I just got6 done watching an Anime and I didn't like it at all it was just to boring I'm lucky I finished it before I died of bordom.My friend and her mom watch anime all the time and it leaves me with nothing to do so now i'm just sick of it I really am.

So whats your opinions on Anime.

I like certain types of anime. If it has a good plot and some interesting characters then I'm all for it. I think everyone has their preferences on what types of shows they like and Anime is just one of those types where you can either love it or you can hate it. If I get into a good series I can watch a series in a few days with no sleep. I think I prefer anime movies over shows since I don't lose my sanity trying to watch every single episode before my friends spoil the ending, though some shows are worth sticking around for.

Anyway, like I said, its just about preferences and anime isn't for everyone XD You just have to find one that suits your interests.

99% of it is trash.

I think animation as a medium can be just as powerful when it comes to storytelling as film or literature, so of course I enjoy anime, I'm pretty open minded when it comes to what to watch and I'll pretty much watch anything so long as it's well executed. It also doesn't hurt the fact just how accessible it's become over the years, at the beginning of the early 2000s, anime production studios started to experiment with computer animation which allowed more anime to be produced and with the advent of streaming, it's easier to digest than ever, I just love it.

99% of it is trash.
We will have a talk later (cracks fists).

What makes anime so great is the animation and genres. We are talking full blown action, or your lovey dovey needs, or your mature needs (if you know what I mean, heh heh). There are lots of crappy anime out there, but there also is quite a lot of amazing anime.

To name a few, Attack on Titan, Naruto, Naruto, Fairy Tail, Full Metal Alchemist, One Piece, Shogukei no soma, and Akama ga kill.

Meh, I prefer watching live-action shows (mainly American dramas about superheroes like Arrow, Flash, Person of Interest, Forever, SHIELD ect.) and if I watch anything animated, it's more than likely just a cartoon (Gravity Falls, MLP, Regular Show ect.). I find that I can relate to these characters more, especially the former.

I'm not really a big fan of anime. I kind of think a lot of it is so overrated and well, I only really watched and liked Naruto (but stopped after Naruto beat Pain as that could've been the ending, it dragged on), Bleach (but stopped after Ichigo beat Aizen, you get my point), Yu-Gi-Oh! (feels as if it's being milked now), Pokemon (kinda meh anyways) and Rolling Girls.

Sword Art Online is terribly overrated, after the first 5 episodes it becomes rushed, Kirito becomes a literal chick magnet, we don't see much of characters like Klein who deserved more character development and well, to only spend 10-13 episodes in Aincrad was kind of a sin in itself. Not to mention how they ended it; Kirito gets rekt by Heathcliff but is revived because of his uhh, will power and his "chosen one"/beater status or something. So yeah, don't really like anime - I'm sure there are 10/10 ones like FMA, but honestly I'd rather stick with what I know and love.

(Oh and there IS an anime section on this forum >>)

Back