Ultimate Your thoughts on November Smash Direct?

• Thread starter Starry Windy
  • Start date
Starry Windy

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Towns Folk
So the final Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct before the game's release has been streamed, and I want to ask, what's your thoughts on this? Do you have any favorite parts, or do you have something that you're not fond of? Discuss away.

Piranha Plant: It has a nice curved form to it!

It's official. My first goal for ultimate is getting into elite. It's either gonna be a piece of cake or a pain in the butt.

I loved it ngl. The remaining newcomers were great

I haven't seen it yet and I doubt I'll watch it.. but I loved the cinematic trailer where everyone was being killed off except for Kirby. Sonic tried to save Pikachu but failed in the end xD That was awesome ;u;

General impressions:

1) Piranha Plant = best character
2) I can't wait to play World of Light.
3) Incineroar is cool but I'd rather have decidueye to represent gen 7.
4) I'm sad rex won't be in as DLC.

Also coming out of the direct I think we have an actual shot of seeing banjo come in as DLC. We know isaac, rex, and spring man are not going to be in as DLC which helps. Plus Banjo seems to be highly requested among the smash fanbase. So I really think now is the time for Banjo-Kazooie to finally make the cut. I'm hoping I'm right.

It was super hype, and a great direct overall. I can’t wait to play world of light like I played subspace, and my hype for the game is through the roof!

Good god, a new freaking story mode for Smash? NINTENDO, TAKE MY WALLET.

The first thing I’ll do when I get the game is try out World of Light. The new challengers look cool too. Imcineroar looked awesome in the cinematic, so I might try him out and see how it goes. I’ll probably try Isabelle first to see what she’s like, lul.

So here are some of my personal impressions:
  • So Ken and Incineroar made it in, eh? Ken's Final Smashes looks cool, while Incineroar is one interesting fighter, as well, which makes me think he might possibly have a place at Pokkén Tournament DX. And the part when Villager do some boxing pose at the end of the trailer looks amusing tho :hilarious:
  • No trophies, but replaced with... Spirits? And it powers up fighters? That's one interesting concept.
  • So it turns out I can choose the language in the options? And Chinese language is available too? Cool!
  • What's this? Piranha Plant will be playable, too? That's one interesting choice, alright.
  • So Kirby survives from the massive attack at the end, huh? Nice to see Kirby get the spotlight again in the Adventure mode.

the only parts i disliked was both the time wasted with the "option and languages" menu and the piranha plant, at least that generic enemy has a unique moveset and its free so it wont ruin the game for me

also, if that plant is in smash then the rumor of katalina of granblue fantasy in smash can be true and i would love that (specially having in mind nintendo cooperated with cygames to do dragalia lost and nintendo owns 5% of cygames)

the only thing i could miss from tropies are the flavour text ,but spirits can have it anyway so its not a problem

an about the "minigames " like target smash or home run, i didnt cared about them, i only played those minigames to do challenges to not touch them anymore

Honestly I found spirits a waste of time, but that's just me. I was WAY more interested in the online options and matchmaking.

Back