Mobile Your thoughts on Sepia Go? (Splatoon Rip -Off)

• Thread starter Kamui
  • Start date
Kamui

Kamui

Fantasy Nerd
Towns Folk
As some of you may or may not know, there is a new chinese rip-off among us, and that is Sepia Go, aka Splatoon.
Sepia Go is, like I said, a Splatoon rip off. It's copied from the ground up basically, with just very, very, downgraded graphics.
To simply say, let's just say that some fans are of course not to thrilled by this.
I have downloaded it and played it myself, and it was like almost no effort was made at all the even change certain names or even designs. But I will be lying if I said I didn't like having the game downloaded on my phone. For some reason, I just find this game amusing, laughable, cringe worthy, and I somewhat like it.

Anyways, I know I'm explaining it poorly, so here is a video that can do a better job than I can:

Here are now some images of the game.
Anyways, I want to know, what do you guys think of Sepia Go?

Attachments

• CmHo2oLWAAAET1x.jpg
    CmHo2oLWAAAET1x.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 8
  • CmHo3-TWgAE2c6v.jpg
    CmHo3-TWgAE2c6v.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: CheeseFlavouredCake
While a mobile Splatoon game would definitely keep boredom at bay, I really think Sepia Go sucks. I haven't tried downloading it or anything, and I have no intentions to do so, as quite honestly it is just a very bad rip-off. I wonder who came up with the idea anyway, they must've just gone 'Hmm, there aren't any good mobile games right now...I know! I'll make one! But...coming up with original ideas is soo hard. Hey! There's that super popular Splatoon game by a massive game company that I can COMPLETELY PLAGIARISE and NO ONE WILL NOTICE!' Sorry for the rambling, but yeah. And seriously, what's with the name? 'Sepia Go'? Really?

I don't think I could stand playing it if the ink lags like that ><

I also heard someone downloaded it a while back and their device's virus scanner picked something up ;-;

But if it's not even listed in app stores (or maybe it was just pulled due to it being a Splatoon ripoff), I don't think too many people would be able to play each other over the Internet in the long run, assuming it even has online play.

Not my cup of tea, I'd just play the original one instead of a poor chinese ripoff.

Reactions: Eric Cartman
Honestly, if I did have an android device that I did not use as my day to day phone, I would gladly use the game. I think its cool that this is even a thing. Still, if I'm close to my wii u, I'll turn that on instead, seeing as Sepia Go for me will serve as a substitute for when I can't play the real thing.

I played it 4 months ago and thought it was slow, laggy, and hard to play. I understand that it does not rely on motion controls though I wish they can do better when it comes to moving the camera. And the weapon fire is slow and horrendous. When you fire your weapon it barley even fires any ink which is bad when your trying to cover big maps like arowana mall, so if you actually want to do work the rollers the most effective you can be. I don't care if you can play it on the go. the game is unbearable to play, it has no abilities, matches are long and unbearable, you can't even play rank, battery drainer, just don't please. I've seen better and creative Nintendo ripoffs that this that are also android apps.

Well, with Splatoon most certainly coming to Nintendo Switch, there's no point to Sepia Go anymore xD

Back