Youtube is now avalible for free.

• Thread starter 28142
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Well today's the day, came without much fanfare. Youtube is now avalible to download on the eshop.

This is pretty good news since it'll hopefully allow the path for more apps like youtube to come onto the switch. Netflix and the such. I just want Plex to come to the switch though ^^

To my knowledge it doesn't require the online subscription, unsure if it has inhome streaming yet but I'd presume so.

Reactions: Starry Windy, P2.0 and Samster
Nice! I’m definitely downloading this the second I get the chance, lol

This is really good news, as this opens the door for more streaming/video apps to make their way to Switch. Personally, I only care about YouTube, but this is good for people who own Hulu, Netflix, etc.

Reactions: 28142
So update, seems that the switch works like a TV, so this would be good for people who use the dock. I have a chromecast for that though so it's not a reason for me to actually use my switch dock lol.

I've downloaded it as well! It looks pretty good, tbh. :eek: Everything loads purty quick, as well.

Reactions: Samster
Just downloaded it, but won’t have time to try it atm. ;-; Gotta finish up some classes, then I’ll report my experiences with the app here.

Reactions: P2.0
available*

Wooot im so HYPED

Finally! Took so long but it's here :D

I've downloaded the YouTube app just recently, and I find out that the video runs smoothly in HD and in 60 fps, which is a good thing. So far YouTube running on Switch looks promising. The fact that I can search for video on channels that I'm subscribed with is a neat thing too.
So update, seems that the switch works like a TV, so this would be good for people who use the dock.
Works like a TV, eh? Does it support casting YouTube videos from my phone to Switch?

Last edited:
Works like a TV, eh? Does it support casting YouTube videos from my phone to Switch?

Yup! You can do just that from what I've seen from friends using it.

Reactions: Starry Windy
I don't think I'll ever use it over laptop's Youtube :panda:

Reactions: Phazon
I don't think I'll ever use it over laptop's Youtube :panda:
it's still a better alternative to other console Youtube apps like xbox or ps4, but like you said, nothing beats a desktop/laptop/phone Youtube interface.

Still awesome that switch is getting apps like netflix, youtube, ect :)

Compared to the laggy crashy messes that the wii u and original 3ds apps are, its great

Reactions: 28142
Happy to see this come finally i usuallt play ps4 a bit then switch to switch for rest of the night now i dint gotta switch back for youtube b4 bed

Dang another nice use for my switch. Gonna download it this month

well , its nice to have the see youtube in TV

Back