Youtube is now ending support for Wii U browsers

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I'd be surprised if anyone still use their Wii U for YouTube, but then again, @Alex was using his Switch for Youtube the other day, so I guess if you only have Wii U, it'd look more attractive to use that console to view videos on the popular video site.

But anyway, it's been confirmed that Youtube will be ending support on Wii U browsers. If you try using the service on the console, a message will come up saying support will end. I'm guessing this will mean Youtube videos will no longer be played.

How do you feel about this or were you expecting it this soon?

Reactions: Alex
The Wii U has been very much replaced now, I honestly thought support had ended earlier than this. You can probably still use the browser to watch youtube..

Actually now that I think about it, that's how I watched youtube on the Wii U, was through the browser. I remember youtube's app always breaking on me, always crashed and never wanted to do what I wanted it to.

This happened a while ago for the 3DS app but it can still play videos in the browser if you have the New 3DS. Just a side note.

Reactions: 28142
Never owned a Wii U. :pepe: I did watch Youtube on Nintendo consoles back in the day but on the Wii typing was rough and the same for the 3DS and it would take forever to load or get an error. Nowadays we have a TV to stream Youtube so it feels like another gimmick to get people to turn on their system instead of playing games which is a way better use of your time and the system.

I mean as long as there is a Youtube app most of us are fine

I remember when the Wii was losing Youtube support, and the last video I watched was
I miss the support for it

Youtube is bougie. That's all i have to say, really.

makes sense , wiiu is now a dead console

That a big rip. I'm not sure if the youtube app still works on wii u cause i havent been on my wii u in 6 months. I know that hulu was discontinued for the wii u which is wack.

even though the app itself might not be that good on the systems with its glaring flaws , it is quite a bummer for support to use it to be gone.
it feels a not positive feeling when app get gutted on older systems making them lose some of their usability.
its quite glum to have apps on devices get shut down in the end.
it was content to enjoy on a system that does not have many games to play on it.

Back