Youtube's change in terms of service

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I saw some noise about this around the Internet and people fearing for their Youtube accounts. Are they shutting down YouTube accounts with videos that don't earn money? What's going own?

I dunno, but I heard that some people had joined a Markiplier livestream, and he asked the non-members to vote in chat with emojis?
The ones who did got their accounts suspended FOR NO REASON. D:

Needless to say, he was right ticked off about YT doing that to his fans. ;-; And everyone who sent an email telling them to fix it, YT answered with:

'We search these matters very thoroughly, and there's nothing we can do.
Sorry for the inconvenience'.

So now people are afraid to make livestreams on YT, or even go to see their favorite YT-streamer because of it. :(

Reactions: Jisenku
@P2.0 I don't think we're on the same topic here. These terms change in December I think.

@P2.0 I don't think we're on the same topic here. These terms change in December I think.
Oh, then I'm not sure. :'D My bad

Reactions: Jisenku
https://www.slashgear.com/youtube-t...s-for-your-content-in-december-2019-11599189/
Youtube themselves said:
(the changes) are to make the Terms of Service easier to read and understand.

They also say that this wouldn't change any pay to creators (thank god), and there shouldn't be any sort of new change to how any users have to use Youtube. No changes on the consumer or producer side. It's just an update of their TOS, to make it easier to read, and because they haven't updated it in a while

Reactions: P2.0
Back