Youtube's Copyright System

• Thread starter 4362
  • Start date

Yaaaaaaaadooooooooooon
Towns Folk
So,if you didnt know it yet,the copyright system is automatical and not done by human hands(atleast thats what youtube says)
So,people tends to get crap strikes and have got their channels taken down/lost their channel/lost their channel for a bit/got videos deleted
For further information,alot of videos that go deleted for "copyright infringement" were under fair use
Also,the channels that even got an legel case on it,could only give an report consisting of 250 letters detailing how their videos were under fair use
Also,it seems an little bit shady,considering that this mostly happens to small not so popular channels that cant bring in much money(mostly channels with under 1mil subs)
For example,Jinx didnt get even copyright problems,event though all he does is steal other peoples videos
There also still are piracy videos on youtube left untouched(full episodes of tv shows,full movies,etc)
Same goes for prank channels that break the law
It really feels like,the most money making easiest and fastest to make stuff doesnt get any strikes,due to youtube paying their rent from it
Also,all people who have adressed youtube after their channel got taken didnt even get an answer why(mind you,they did ask kindly and didnt just write insults)
There are already many people making video complains,but there is no reaction by youtube itself
The same problem is also happening on other video sites and not just youtube

Last edited:
I think there has been some problems if it comes to Youtube copyright systems, because iirc, I have seen 2 cases where the YouTube channel which uploads the station idents got taken down because of the troublesome copyright systems (and the big irony is that they're the original uploader as representation of their TV channels, and the TV idents are of their own). I'm not sure if the channel takedown is related to the TV idents totally, or if it's the case of using other songs, but still.

Even though I understand that it's meant to stop people from streaming pirated TV series in YouTube, it can be troublesome if it backfires like in the case above, or when someone wanted to show their video as fair use but gets some copyright notice just because the copyrighted song is there. Besides, I have saw a case where an hour of purring cat video is misidentified as a copyrighted song for some weirdo reason.

Last edited:
I've seen this so often by MANY youtubers being given crap about copyrights. First and foremost the system should not be automated like it is, but run by real people who will actually look and think about it. It's not like youtube doesn't have the money to hire people to do it. Think of the job opportunities!

Gonna link GradeAUnderA because he sums up a lot of this perfectly: (warning, swearing)

Warning: language not suitable for children

This video explains it pretty well

I've seen this a lot, my friend actually had this happen to her. It's complete crap! The system shouldn't be automated first of all, at least people can think about it. For example a reason why this is horrid is because they seem to only take down the small channels. Really? Why if they want to take down small channels at least make it fair

Back