Yu-Gi-Oh Dueling - Online Dueling

• Thread starter Matthew
  • Start date
Matthew

Matthew

WE ARE... MARSHALL!!
Towns Folk
Has anyone ever played duelingnetwork.com? It's a great way to have online duels where you build a deck with any card available. The website caters to Yu Gi Oh players, and is a lot of fun when you duel friends.

Anyone like dueling? Anyone have an account at the above?

I enjoy playing Yu-Gi-Oh, Thanks for thr site, I will go and make an account when I have the chance. I collected most of the Yu-Gi-Oh playing cards.

Reactions: Matthew
I collected a lot of YuGiOh cards back in the day. I'd normally save up my allowance and go to the toy store at the end of every month, purchasing those 7-10 card packs to see if I find something rear. Those were the days.

I don't play a lot of YuGiOh today and I stopped watching the anime when they introduced motorbikes. The original YuGiOh was my favorite TV show at the time. The one with the school of dual monsters was decent too.

As for the website, I might try it if they allow you to select pre-made decks (I'm not good at the game anymore).

Reactions: Reece
I collected a lot of YuGiOh cards back in the day. I'd normally save up my allowance and go to the toy store at the end of every month, purchasing those 7-10 card packs to see if I find something rear. Those were the days.

I don't play a lot of YuGiOh today and I stopped watching the anime when they introduced motorbikes. The original YuGiOh was my favorite TV show at the time. The one with the school of dual monsters was decent too.

As for the website, I might try it if they allow you to select pre-made decks (I'm not good at the game anymore).
You have to manually add each card. You can find lists though of structure decks to use to make it easier. :)

As for the show, GX was by far the best time for Yu Gi Oh in my opinion.

Dueling Network is better if you want to play at live tournaments, but for those who still have Windows 7 (because no, Microsoft, we don't want tablets in place of actual computers), a program called DevPro exists. There are a few glitches here and there but it's functionally an automated Dueling Network. I play on DN occasionally with a friend who can't run DevPro, but when I get bored I play.

As for the show, I honestly thought that 5Ds wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. If you gave it a chance, it actually got really good (if you can ignore the motorcycles). At the very least, the characters were more than two dimensional archetypes and more... evolving. I'd have to rewatch the series again to see if it's as good as I remember but it was fairly enjoyable if memory serves.

Wait, Yugioh has a Pokemon Showdown? :eek: That's probably one of the best things I've heard all day! :cat:

Wait, Yugioh has a Pokemon Showdown? :eek: That's probably one of the best things I've heard all day! :cat:

Effectively, yeah! It's a neat little program that I use when me and friends don't feel like doing it manually.

I used to play a lot on Dueling Network back when all of my friends were still into it. Nowadays I just get there to look at how my decks were ^^;. Sometimes my browser tends to lag and the flash player crashes often. As an alternative I use YGOPro. It's more automatic than DN but thanks to that it's faster and we don't forget certain actions we have to take in mind and it helps the new guys understand how we're chaining stuff far better than DN; in DN there's no actual way to know when a player's lying if you get off-track or don't understand the rules much or if you're so confused by it that it becomes complicated, whereas in YGO Pro, stuff's automatic; you either can or can't.

So I'm curious: what decks do you guys like running?

Right now I'm running a Geargia Deck in real life - my friend bought if for me - with plans to build Evil Heroes/Standard E-Heroes in the future.

On the sims though... Laval Quasar's fun to run, Diamond Dude Turbo's amusing when it works, Appropriate Exodia's hilarious.

Constellar, Evilswarm and Steelswarms for me~
Though I have a dragon deck I never got the chance to try out lol

I tend to browse the Yu-Gi-Oh wiki; yeah, it's not the most fair thing but I'm starting to build my own decks nowadays. Generally speaking I like swarming decks.

I tried but for me it's lame it's now as i though maybe if we could download the game with some 3d monster pack it would be fun.

I've had an account for a while now, though I'm not good it's fun!

I've been making an continuously upgrading a crappy deck over the last week or so. It's pretty cool.

I think the deck I'm having the most fun building at the moment is my Normal Monster Ritual Deck. When it works... whoa...

Reactions: Magik
i love yugioh but do you have to create a account to duel

can't remember login info

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe so.

Used to play yu-gi-oh I still have my cards (my most treasured prime material dragon),now I'm only gonna play it when I get any yu-gi-oh 3ds or ds game because there is no one in my area who plays yu-gi-oh anymore except for my brothers and they stopped playing.

Back