Zelda Dungeons

• Thread starter Kakea
  • Start date
Kakea

Kakea

Survivor
Towns Folk
I know there's a post like this, so tell me which Zelda dungeon is your favorite on NES,SNES or any handheld Zelda game.Or rather if you don't have a favorite 8 or 16-bit dungeon: tell me which one you think could 3D
dungeon could be redone in a top down look as the 1st one's were!
(I would love to see a dungeon from Skyward sword as a NES dungeon! :D )

I could imagine the Fire Temple dungeon from Ocarina of Time in a top down perspective. It'd almost be like the Ice Palace dungeon from ALBW since the dungeon is practically really high.

Though it's kinda hard to orient some puzzles since it requires a 3D perspective (almost like every other 3D Zelda dungeon xP)

Reactions: Kakea
I can imagine it.... just move some of the puzzles that need 3D to do and it could
be replicated! (stuff as having to aim up at switches) Yeah.... it actually DOES have
a top down part the rest can actually be replicated now that I think about it! Thanks:
I'm trying a experiment now...

I could imagine the Fire Temple dungeon from Ocarina of Time in a top down perspective. It'd almost be like the Ice Palace dungeon from ALBW since the dungeon is practically really high.

Though it's kinda hard to orient some puzzles since it requires a 3D perspective (almost like every other 3D Zelda dungeon xP)
Hey, Oot 2d is still being worked on, And the fire temple will be in it ;)
But I looooooooove the spirit temple in ocarina of time, I can't imagine what it'd be in 2d!

I'd pick face shrine from link's awakening, if only for the music.

Oooooh the spirit temple will be kinda hard to do... But it's possible! (you just have to
get rid of any puzzles that make you have to use a 3D angle.

I'd pick face shrine from link's awakening, if only for the music.
I never got to see it, but I'm sure it was mysterious! Like one of my favorites:Woodfall Temple! :D

My favourite dungeon with top down view was the temple of the ocean king in phantom hourglass. I loved sneaking by the phantoms and exploring new shortcuts as you get more and more items.

I loved the dungeon in the sequel: Spirit Tracks! They refered to the other game felt SO exciting!
(even though I played Hourglass only 2 years before.. Lol)

I'd love to see the Wind Temple from Wind Waker be remade as a 2D top-down dungeon, as I thought that its puzzles were extremely unique, although it might be somewhat difficult as it requires the navigation of a huge 3D fan room, which would be hard to render in 2D...

I'd love to see the Wind Temple from Wind Waker be remade as a 2D top-down dungeon, as I thought that its puzzles were extremely unique, although it might be somewhat difficult as it requires the navigation of a huge 3D fan room, which would be hard to render in 2D...

It might look like Link to the past on crack! :D
Seriously it MIGHT be possible for even that dungeon to be 2d and still be easy to understand what's happening

Back