Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I'm on the fence about it.. :/

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
P2.0

P2.0

BlueJ was here.
Towns Folk
Yeah,I'm talking about it. XD Everyone who loves the Zelda Series always has a 'What If?' hidden the furthest reachest of the mind,lol.Most people don't stray off to them,while others want to see what,and how things would be if the Hero had done something else,or even you became said Hero,or Princess Zelda herself.Do you ever wonder?? :eek:

Reactions: Samster, 18 and trulyundignefiedturtles
Although I am a huge fan fan of the Legend of Zelda series, I would not really appreciate fanfictions. the reason behind this is that anyone who writes/makes up a fanfiction usually distorts the original storyline and the game's elements so much, that the content becomes quite irrelevant to the original.

Reactions: Mikaya and P2.0
Hi, I'm just gonna but in here... I absolutely love fanfics, especially Zelda stories. Fluff, lemon, action, adventure, all of the above, I love them all! It'd be great to read a new one (I can't find anymore, I think I read them all)... Too bad I can't write to save my life or I'd be writing non-stop.

Reactions: P2.0
@AliTheAce:I see what you mean.I've read some fanfics before of Zelda,and lemme just say,one of those guys made Link look kinda bad. :/ But at the same time,if done right,they can be sort of a thrill,y'know? :p @trulyundignifiedturtles:Ikr? :D I actually did one before as a comic.I,uh,put myself as Link in it,or 'Leif',lol. XD It was the same as OoT,but I just tweaked it a bit. ;)

I like fan fiction (I used to read it all the time back in 2011), but while I've read Zelda fan fiction I really think that, like The Lord of the Rings, it's not the kind of franchise that you can write a lot of original fan fiction for. I can't put my finger on the reason why - maybe the setting and characters are so grand (the high-and-mighty, long-time-ago thing) that the fan fictions feel weak, maybe I don't know the franchise too well, or maybe I've just been reading the wrong fan fictions.

Reactions: P2.0
@spinnerweb:Well,I've read a few,and I mean just a few fan fictions of Zelda.The first one I read was...well...dirty. .-. Made me think that all fanfics were terrible.Then I read one about Link returning to Hyrule after the Majora's Mask era.Link returned to a getting-repaired Castle Town after 7 years.He showed off all the things he had aquired in Termina,like his masks.However,Zelda noticed that he left one,the Giant's Mask,and was going to return it,when she accidentally dropped it,and it cracked.She would keep in her room,and have it fixed on the morrow.However,the magic sealed into the mask leaked out,and enveloped the princess,causing her to be a little taller than she was yesterday.I'll stop it there,but I could see everything as I read it,and it was suspenseful,funny,a little romantic (Blegh.. XD ) and filled with action!

Reactions: 18
I think that it is cool when fans make additional content based off of a game, as long as that content doesn't stray too far from the games and as long as the characters' personalities are left unchanged. If both of these are followed, I see no problem with people who write fanfics, as I have written a few myself (though only one is Zelda related, and I wrote it as a joke, thus violating my own rules...:dead:)

Fan fictions are really awesome if they’re written well, but a lot of time, they’re... not. xD

I read one about Link and Midna getting back together and getting married after the events of Twilight Princess, and it wasn’t the worst thing I’ve read. Then I clicked on another one, and read it. My eyes still burn to this day. ;-;

So yeah, only write one if you’re sure you know what you’re getting into, lol

Back