Zelda/Harvest Moon

• Thread starter Lenatir
  • Start date
Lenatir

Lenatir

AC:NL - The Villager
Towns Folk
Originally, Miyamoto wanted Ocarina of Time to have a marriage system to follow the idea of growing up. I personally think that's why there's the gag line about marrying Malon in the final game.

But, it got me to thinking, especially in light of the Rune Factory spinoff of Harvest Moon and the Warriors spinoff of Zelda...

Why don't they go ahead and make that Zelda game I've dreamed of where a player runs a farm and has a village to get acquainted with between jaunts into dungeons? I'd love to grow food for myself to bring with me underground to heal myself, or to sell my crops to purchase equipment and the like. Never before has the potential for this been fully explored, and I think that it could be amazing. An Isometric perspective like the classic Zelda and Harvest Moon series would be perfect in fact for that concept, and Miyamoto has stated an interest in having a female Link as a possibility.

Anyway, toss ideas, criticisms, hopes, and whatever into the comments.

Originally, Miyamoto wanted Ocarina of Time to have a marriage system to follow the idea of growing up. I personally think that's why there's the gag line about marrying Malon in the final game.

But, it got me to thinking, especially in light of the Rune Factory spinoff of Harvest Moon and the Warriors spinoff of Zelda...

Why don't they go ahead and make that Zelda game I've dreamed of where a player runs a farm and has a village to get acquainted with between jaunts into dungeons? I'd love to grow food for myself to bring with me underground to heal myself, or to sell my crops to purchase equipment and the like. Never before has the potential for this been fully explored, and I think that it could be amazing. An Isometric perspective like the classic Zelda and Harvest Moon series would be perfect in fact for that concept, and Miyamoto has stated an interest in having a female Link as a possibility.

I don't think combining Harvest Moon with Zelda would necessarily be a good idea. The Hyrule Warrior spinoff works because it focuses on a key mechanic of gameplay. Farming isn't exactly that big in the Zelda world though...

I don't think combining Harvest Moon with Zelda would necessarily be a good idea. The Hyrule Warrior spinoff works because it focuses on a key mechanic of gameplay. Farming isn't exactly that big in the Zelda world though...

agreed. It's just didnt click for an adventurous kid to settle for farming. But if the point is getting a "dating-sim" like system for zelda, it maybe interesting to see :rolleyes:

An interesting idea, but definitely not for me.

I think Rune Factory answers your question - only lacking of puzzles, yes. But about hack-and-slash and farming, Rune Factory has both combined. Do you want to kill enemies while farming simultaneously? Try Odin Sphere. :D

Hmm. I think they would be infringing with the Harvest Moon series but then again, You have a good point. Many people would disagree bout that (Lol if the wife was greedy) :giggle: because it would add another twist to the storyline and make it more complex, but some people like simple, immersive storylines more. Personally, I would like this option to be integrated into it but also make it so it can be enabled/disabled.

I know that the series was originally constantly meant to be evolving with radical changes between entries.
So, I guess I just think it's not too far off.

Odin Sphere is awesome by the way, I just always played Harvest Moon 64 thinking how the concept might work well with a Zelda some day.

Guess I'm a shipper of two video game franchises!

haha i think it could actually somehow work out :p ! i mean you could be doing zelda fighting and also go home to take care of your crops :p

an interesting idea, but sadly it wouldn't suit Link. A hero of a vast land and also a lowly farmer? those really don't go well together. xD

Reactions: 532

Even as this interesting may sound, I suggest it becomes a side game DLC with Harvest Moon properties, but Zelda related. Maybe a date-sim? I support the idea, but I think exactly Link wouldn't fit it. Maybe instead of Link it's a villager you control in some kind of grown-up Kokiri Forest area. That would be interesting if it gets special features on the Wii U.

an interesting idea, but sadly it wouldn't suit Link. A hero of a vast land and also a lowly farmer? those really don't go well together. xD
They could go well, after you have some time and you could visit your farm and grow crops that would make the people of a town happy. You could get Rupees like you get Gil in Harvest Moon games.

This is a really bad idea...

"The hero of farming"
Look! A hidden piece of the triforce is under that carrot!
No! Ganon, the cute pig, ate it!

Reactions: milesose
Back