• Thread starter Lotad Lover
  • Start date

Would you buy this, if it was real?

• Total voters
Lotad Lover

Lotad Lover

Lover of the mighty Lotad god.
Towns Folk
Would you buy remakes of Zelda games, but done in a new way? What I had in mind is if a game that had link in, as more of a realistic style, like skyward sword, was re made with toon link or in a cartoony, top down view way.
So a game with a more realistic look remade in cartoon style.

I would definitely love a game where you can control Zelda and do some dungeoning and stuff . Sure there was that ... "Other Game" I think it was called Wand of Gamelon ? But that game was really bad . But a remake of that game can really be very great . I think it would be awesome too and people would get it ... hopefully :)

It could be okay, I guess. I'm pretty sure changing the art style would interfere with the nostalgic feeling that everyone that had played the original had. For example, if Twilight Princess was remade into a Wind Wake cartoony style, then I wouldn't get it since all the memories of playing the most realistic and darkest Zelda game would be thrown out into the trash. But I guess it could be okay for experimental purposes...

Reactions: 18
... Maybe. Depends on the game. As AlphaMagi said, a cartoon look could ruin the effectiveness of some games' story. If you remade the original Zelda that way, then yay. If you remade Ocarina, Majora or Twilight Princess that way, then boo :giggle:

well.. i think i'd like to see The Legend of Zelda: a Link to you ♥ 3D
2655384-2446516116-the_l-jpg.3983

it seems like a very interesting game

Nah. I'd personally want it to stay the same as before. :panda:

I don't like ruining the feeling of nostalgia. Maybe make a HD remake of the pixilized games? :p

Nah. I'd personally want it to stay the same as before. :panda:

I don't like ruining the feeling of nostalgia. Maybe make a HD remake of the pixilized games? :p
you mean like: A Link Between Worlds is just like A Link to the Past?

you mean like: A Link Between Worlds is just like A Link to the Past?

Link Between Worlds is not a remake.

The details you give kinda contradict each other, having issues figuring out what exactly you're trying to describe here lol

Link Between Worlds is not a remake.
in a sense, sorta it is, Kupo.

in a sense, sorta it is, Kupo.
It's a sequel, not a remake. It takes place in a similar world that has a lot of LttP connections but MM did a similar thing using a lot of the same character models from OoT. Doesn't mean MM is a remake of OoT.

I would like to see this be the done with only the original Legend of Zelda for NES. If it was to be done with other games in the franchise, the atmosphere would be completely ruined. Imagine Majoras mask with a Wind waker look. Impresses? Me neither. Considering that Zelda 1 did not have a detailed story, it seems like the only game that could be remade in this kind of way and not go wrong.

It's a sequel, not a remake. It takes place in a similar world that has a lot of LttP connections but MM did a similar thing using a lot of the same character models from OoT. Doesn't mean MM is a remake of OoT.
i never said that, if you pay any attention, you'd see that noone of zelda game have anything to deal with the others, it's more like a (lot of) reboot, Kupo, in LttP Link place The Master Sword back in the forest to it's original resting place where it sleep until this very day, but it was in The Temple of Time in OoT, and it was in Hyrule caste in WW, how? also Nintendo remade OoT and MM but not LttP but instead made LBW with the same maps, same items, similar mechanics, Kupo, i'd say that Nintendo is waiting for someone to notice trhat.

oh and, the sequel of A Link to the Past is The Four Sword, not A Link Between World

Back