Zelda - Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks (DS)

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
anyone played either of these? what are your opinions?

PH: I guess it's alright, not really my cup of tea. xD

lost the feeling of a Zelda game, if that makes sense...I think they could have done better with this game.

ST: I can't comment, haven't played it before. Is it any good?

Reactions: Houari98Houari
I've played Phantom Hourglass, although it didn't really seem to be that impressive.
It felt more like they were trying to drag out the whole "Wind Waker" universe.

I've only played Phantom Hourglass and wasn't very impressed with it, so I never got around to Spirit Tracks. I can't say much about it because I don't remember much about it. I guess that would support what I said about me not finding it memorable.

Phantom Hourglass was the first Legend of Zelda game that I ever played, so I liked that one. Spirit Tracks was pretty good. I hadn't had any experience with Zelda before that, so I wasn't let down in any way by them like the rest of you are talking about.

I haven't played either one but I plan on getting both in the near future. I don't know if the boast the same quality as the home console games, but that won't deter me from at least trying them since they are pretty cheap nowadays.

I have play the two of them and they were awesome

I played and own both of them, and they are great. Phantom Hourglass is a sequel to Wind Waker, and I think it is a good sequel. Even though you have a fairy companion, she isn't annoying, but helpful. She even has 3 missing parts that you need to find, and the mystery is solved once you collect all 3. Spirit Tracks is also good, even when you get to control a Phantom, an enemy that you couldn't kill before. You can even use it to attack or block attacks.

I've played some bits of Phantom Hourglass but I never got to finish it completely, though I can say that it felt pretty awkward compared to other Zelda games and it was kinda easy with the puzzles, but the general what-to-do and where-to-go gave me some problems :p

Spirit Tracks was an amazing Zelda game that I played :D It had some really solid gameplay and dungeon design, puzzles and bosses which made it stand out a lot, Many of the puzzles were also very challenging and had you think a lot about it. Typically it's basically what you'd expect from a Zelda game, least from my opinion I guess xD

I was never a big fan of Wind Waker, but I did enjoy Phantom Hourglass. Nintendo really made sea exploration fun in this one.
I didn't enjoy Spirit Tracks very much. I haven't even finished it yet. Most haters thought the train mechanism was the worst part of the game, but for me, that wasn't it. I didn't hate it. The instrument was the big problem. Sounds like a good idea, but Nintendo didn't do a good job implementing it. It doesn't help that it's required to unlock parts of the game. I got stuck in one area for months, because I couldn't play it correctly.

I've never played Phantom Hourglass before. But Spirit Tracks was the first The Legend of Zelda game that I really enjoyed playing and made me get into the franchise. The game is old so you can probably get it cheap at any game store. I found one that was only $4.99 along with Need For Speed: Underground 2.

anyone played either of these? what are your opinions?

PH: I guess it's alright, not really my cup of tea. xD

lost the feeling of a Zelda game, if that makes sense...I think they could have done better with this game.

ST: I can't comment, haven't played it before. Is it any good?

Ehh. I've played them both, Spirit tracks somehow feels better in my opinion.

Back