Zelda theory- is Link dead?

• Thread starter Ackattack2823
  • Start date
A

Ackattack2823

I'm Not A Pikachu
Towns Folk
If you're a fan of Majora's Mask, you've more than likely heard the theory that each area in the game represents a separate stage of the 5 Phases of Grief. To make the theory even more convincing, the stages of grief are encountered in the exact order they're said to occur. Is Link merely in purgatory and coming to terms with his own demise?

dead-link-404,P-1-343045-22.png
u
What are your thoughts on this?

No. I do not believe so. Based on...this evidence. There is a video on this, but I couldn't find it.

"What business have you in Ikana Kingdom, land where only the dead roam? This is no place for one as full of life as you. Or do you say that you wish to join the dead?"
— Sharp

In Twilight Princess, you meet the Hero's Shade, the Link in OoT/MM. {The Hero of Time.}
  • "Those are for only for the one who carries the blood of the hero...the one whose spirit is that of the sublime beast."
  • "You have at last mastered all of the hidden skills. Although I accepted life as the hero, I could not convey the lessons of that life to those who came after. At last, I have eased those regrets. -Hero's Shade
.........that moment when you realize....
I feel dumb now....XD

i do believe hee iss dead and the other links are chosen heroes to be the next. If link from oot and mm wasnt dead then why would he be a shade teaching you his swordsmanship in twilight princess?

I believe that Link is dead, but only the link in Majora's mask, since Link are re-encarnations. It does show in the game with other characters having 5 stages of grief, and other characters died too in the story.

I've heard this theory plenty of times before, and I have to say that I can't deny some of the facts and it would just all make sense that Link in Majora's Mask is dead. Then again there are a whole bunch of other Links in the different timelines so it's hard to say where those others went (perhaps disappeared?) :playful:

It's pretty certain that Link in MM is dead though =P

I believe that Link is dead, but only the link in Majora's mask, since Link are re-encarnations. It does show in the game with other characters having 5 stages of grief, and other characters died too in the story.
You know, that actually sounds pretty plausible. But it's weird. We see Link fall down a huge, deep pit that in no way he could've survived. But this whole re-incarnation thing: isn't there supposed to be two Links? Hero of Time and Hero of Wind? And the Hero of Wind (I believe this is the one we know from the recent games) met the original Link who became a Darknut? You know what? This a huge complicated mystery.

Link is a multiverse of things so if we think about this irl he must be dead. Clearly if anyone had a liking for his games that was picky enough they wouldn't necessarily call his games "the best" by any means unless they were biased. In thought he may exist but in reality he is dead. Dead in everything because life can live without him. Link has lived a life of metanoia.

I have seen this theory, and I don't believe that Link is dead. He dies in a different way, which is getting lost in the Lost Woods and turning into a Stallfos. I am pretty sure that Link can still die if his energy is depleted like in all the Zelda games, so that is one piece of evidence that he is still alive... unless he can die again once he is dead.

Back