Zelda WW in HD and Original

• Thread starter Demon_skeith
  • Start date
Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith

Hiding in yo PC looking at yer files!
Towns Folk

HD does look nicer, but it lost that cartoony look, plus it looks like I'm looking through a foggy glass.

Reactions: ErixSan and Kaynil
Wind Waker HD looks better for some reason. It sucks that they took out the cel-shading, though! Now they look like plush toys or something.

Also, I really hate GameXplain's voice. He sounds like he has a runny nose or something...

Reactions: 3823
I really enjoy the new HD look. The game was already great, but the new touch ups and innovation will make it even better of an experience. The cartoon look is still there, it's just not cel shaded as Kaynil previously stated.

I'm really looking forwards to using the gyroscope and the maps with the gamepad. Faster sailing is great, I'm happy that they didn't place in a teleporting system of some sort like in Ocarina of Time; the world in Wind Waker and the stuff you discover randomly is what makes the game epic and memorable. The tiny tedious effort of sailing a bit more isn't that bad if you think about what you're bound to come across along the way; plus, treasure is randomly found in the sea anyways.

It just too bad they didn't take time to add new content to the game, the map is so large they could have added a few extra things.

Like Link finding a OoT dungeon and exploring it for cameo stuff.

It just too bad they didn't take time to add new content to the game, the map is so large they could have added a few extra things.

Like Link finding a OoT dungeon and exploring it for cameo stuff.

Well, maybe them can do it with an update, we don't know yet...

I highly doubt this game supports DLC.

The game is released and Nintendo said there wasn't any updates to it.

Also, I really hate GameXplain's voice. He sounds like he has a runny nose or something...

Yeah, it sounds like he has a frog in his throat.

I prefer the HD version over the SD version despite the lack of cel-shading. It looks so much better to me.

Wind Waker HD looks better for some reason. It sucks that they took out the cel-shading, though! Now they look like plush toys or something.

I like his voice ._.

i didnt played the old version off the game but i can say wind waker hd look AMAZING. so beautifull and its wind waker the boat simulator i love the game and no the comic still is still ther but you see how good it looks for wii u the sun the water the shadows. beautifull.

I prefer the HD version of Wind Waker now. The original game had the feeling of grains of dust over everything, but because there was nothing for comparison, I didn't really mind. Now that I've seen the Wii U version, I prefer it over the GameCUbe one. The HD version looks mre crisp, and I just love the bloom effects and better lighting.

Reactions: 3823
I also prefer the HD version over the normal one. (New generation problems) I said in one of my previous posts, as the times grow, I like to look at better graphics. For example, I can't even play Mario Kart wii now because it's too "Not hd" I'm too used to MK8 ^_^. I also agree with @AliTheAce, the old version did look grainy and stuff and the new one had better lighting. I also love using the Wii U gamepad to switch items.. it makes life so easier.

Reactions: 532
Ok so when I saw the comparisons , I really thought both of them really looked like the same . But now , I see a rather beautifulness in the HD remake in the new Wind Waker HD and I really approve of it . I can really see major difference in comparing both of them and the HD just simply looks smoother and plays smoother gameplay feeling that is seen just by looking at the video

I struggle to say which I like better. They're both very beautiful. Certain sections look better in HD and some look just as good if not better in the original. Either way I've been wanting to play Wind Waker again for a while and my gamecube controllers haven't been working very well, I'll have to get HD soon.

Back