SSB for 3DS Zero Suit Samus

• Thread starter Ashkil
  • Start date
Ashkil

Ashkil

Space Cowboy
Towns Folk
So far I've been playing as Zero Suit Samus, and while I love her speed and huge jump, I find she's somewhat lacking in getting KOs. Her up B has massive potential for KO, but it leaves you way too open if you miss and the final killer kick often doesn't connect if not timed properly. Her stun and side B also push well and rack up damage, but again the KO is out of reach.
So basically does anyone have a playstyle that works for them, in terms of combos or even just attacks which are better to use?

Reactions: blinboy
Use her down B (twice in a row) and tell me if it is a killing move?

I've tried the down b and it appears to kill only at high percentages, around 140+. It's also pretty damn hard to hit with but I guess that'll take practice.

Reactions: blinboy
I've been using her because I want to master her since I said that she'd be my main before I got the game.

She doesn't have that many KO moves from what I know. I normally just paralyze the opponent when I get a chance, to make an opening, then deal damage to increase their percentage rate. Grabbing with the rope helps add around 10% and it's really simple to achieve. Once the foe's percentage is high enough, a simple dash attack or two gets the KO. She's fast so constantly doing damage isn't a problem. She also wrecks things that are in the air >.<'

Her up kick (down kick from the air too) and that plasma up rope thingamajig are some of her best moves imo. There is that other KO kick move that you mentioned but that one is difficult to connect to your opponent from my experience.

Hmm interesting. So constant damage is basically what you do.
That's maybe a little less effective against heavy guys like bowser, but it still seems like a pretty solid strategy. I'll try and land the down b a little more and up b when I get a clear opening then. Her aerials are pretty good too, something which I haven't fully mastered yet.

I've been using her because I want to master her since I said that she'd be my main before I got the game.

She doesn't have that many KO moves from what I know. I normally just paralyze the opponent when I get a chance, to make an opening, then deal damage to increase their percentage rate. Grabbing with the rope helps add around 10% and it's really simple to achieve. Once the foe's percentage is high enough, a simple dash attack or two gets the KO. She's fast so constantly doing damage isn't a problem. She also wrecks things that are in the air >.<'

Her up kick (down kick from the air too) and that plasma up rope thingamajig are some of her best moves imo. There is that other KO kick move that you mentioned but that one is difficult to connect to your opponent from my experience.
I can definitely say many matches that pitted me against a Zero Suit Samus involved them using these strategies and demonstrating these points (good grief that dash attack) very successfully though I still beat them.

Reactions: Marc
So far I've been playing as Zero Suit Samus, and while I love her speed and huge jump, I find she's somewhat lacking in getting KOs. Her up B has massive potential for KO, but it leaves you way too open if you miss and the final killer kick often doesn't connect if not timed properly. Her stun and side B also push well and rack up damage, but again the KO is out of reach.
So basically does anyone have a playstyle that works for them, in terms of combos or even just attacks which are better to use?
I mained with Zero Suit Samus in SSBB and I really loved using her. Now that I have SSB for 3DS, its pretty much the same save the up B and the side B. That dash attack is really good to get players off their rhythm. Also, if you can manage to do the down B when the opponent is in danger of falling off, you can force them straight down for the KO. It takes practice but she really is one of the best players (that isn't cheap like Charizard XD)

I play as ZSS sometimes and I use this combo when I need to do damage. Her neutral attacks are okay for accumulating little damage, but using the taser+kick seems to help me.

A tip if you want to KO someone. Note: your taser is an amazing thing to use. it Stuns :D So use taser >grab>up whip attack thing and then combo into a kick. :sneaky:

May not work for you, but it helps me a lot.

Reactions: 18
I rarely use any character except ZS Samus. She's fast, faster than Sonic even who I found to be disappointingly slow considering his reputation. Her Up+B is a guaranteed KO'er if it actually connects at the right time :panda: I try jumping over foes, down+A and the Up+B. It works... against below Lv 5 CPUs >.< . Isn't so useful in multiplayer, so I'll use the excellent advice everyone gave here :cat:

Her B attack is very useful because it stuns, but the range is so short :rage:

I rarely use any character except ZS Samus. She's fast, faster than Sonic even who I found to be disappointingly slow considering his reputation. Her Up+B is a guaranteed KO'er if it actually connects at the right time :panda: I try jumping over foes, down+A and the Up+B. It works... against below Lv 5 CPUs >.< . Isn't so useful in multiplayer, so I'll use the excellent advice everyone gave here :cat:

Her B attack is very useful because it stuns, but the range is so short :rage:

That Up+B is a trap. Better players avoid it constantly, and it doesn't always land that final kick too. It's pretty much impossible for me to do in online with all the lag.

Reactions: 18
Back