Zoning

• Thread starter mono_cap
  • Start date
mono_cap

mono_cap

Senior Chief Detective-Aide
Towns Folk
In my opinion, a very, very overused tactic.
Any ways you can think of for countering this?

Which characters are best for this on the offensive side/defensive side?
What do you think is worse? Physical zoning or projectile zoning?

I deal with zoning is by zoning myself lol

Think of Falco Spamming aerial blasters (Falco can stun characters with it's blasters, on the other hand, Fox does damage without stun but it can fire faster than falco) to zone itself from Close-Range characters, on ground level, just sidestep upon its shots and you'll directly go close to him. With Pikachu however, it has Thunder so getting close to it will force it to use thunder. Just time its Thunder and the delay it'll take before the Thunderbolt hits the ground to stop its thunder from working or if you can, block it. To be honest, there's no actual way to counter zoning since it depends on the character the both of you uses.

With Mega Man I would like to zone away on the ground and throw/air attack the opponent when they are near so I can follow up with up air juggling on the CPUs or spikes (down airs) when they are at a high enough damage. I think I'm pretty decent at finding the right zones characters excel in.
Like Villager can use Lloyd to keep certain opponents far away but if they end up in between Lloyd and Villager I use my standard attack (or Smash Attack as it is OP) to keep them there and take damage from Lloyd. The only trouble I might have is that I want to use air attacks with him when he has a better ground game or I want to use his down air when a forward Smash can KO at low percentages when opponents are off the stage.
Zoning with a specific character is fine however picking the character with just one projectile and spamming it (Lloyd is different, he cannot be spammed if used improperly but it is sometimes a challenge to get around it. Lloyd works because he stays in the same spot right next to Villager for a brief period and that can act as protection so you can do what you want.) is another. Spam characters include Pikachu's with his neutral special and Mario's with the fireball.

Back