Is it possible to change the region on a Nintendo 3DS? – Yes, it is possible. However, the American and European 3DS contains different country/region listings. After changing the region of the Nintendo 3DS, the user will have access to its eShop.
How To Change Nintendo 3DS eShop Region :
- Turn on the Nintendo 3DS.
- Tap on the ‘System Settings’ icon and open it.
- Select ‘Other Settings’, followed by ‘Profile’.
- Choose ‘Region Settings’.
- Select a country to switch to, and hit the ‘ok’ button.
- Go back to the home screen of the 3DS and open eShop.
- Agree to the terms and that’s it. You now have access to the region’s eShop.
Note : If you change your region to the United States or the United Kingdom (for example), you will be required to enter a zip code or postal code when making a purchase, adding funds to your account or downloading a free game demo.