Now that Animal Crossing: New Leaf is available in North America, Nintendo has launched its Image Share service on the Nintendo 3DS for this region. That means you can now capture screenshots of gameplay and upload the images straight to Twitter or Tumblr – or both at the same time. However, it appears that only one game is supported at the moment, and that’s Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
How to take a screenshot of gameplay in Animal Crossing New Leaf
- Turn on the Nintendo 3DS and launch Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
- Take a screenshot by pressing the L and R buttons at the same time on the 3DS.
After taking a screenshot, open the Internet Web Browser app on the Nintendo 3DS from the home screen and go to – https://i.nintendo.net/. Or, you can open your Nintendo 3DS Bookmarks from Favorites via Internet Browser to find the service.
Another alternative is to launch the camera app on the 3DS and scan this QR code :
( Nintendo 3DS QR Code for i.Nintendo.net )
How to scan a QR code on the Nintendo 3DS
- Turn on the Nintendo 3DS.
- Press “L” or “R” from the home screen to activate the camera.
- Press the QR code icon (located right above the “quit” button).
- Scan the QR code above.
Once you have loaded the web page, log into your Twitter or Tumblr account. From there, you should be able to upload your gameplay screenshots to your profile(s).