Mario Kart 8 is will be getting an update and the Mercedes-Benz DLC, both being released this August 27th worldwide, as confirmed by Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe:
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) August 6, 2014
The update will feature:
- Map display on the TV Screen
- Default menu selection following GP race is changing to next race (instead of view highlight)
- Last used kart customization added to save
- Records screen with total coins, online win-loss record, character selection rates, etc.
- Improved stability and other problems addressed.
And there’s also the Mercedez-Benz DLC, where it will feature three different cars:
- Mercedes-Benz GLA (the advertised car)
- Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Roadster (from the 1950s)
- Mercedes-Benz Silver Arrow (from the 1930s)
Those three cars will be customizable with custom wheels and gliders in the game. The GLA will come with its own set of special wheels too.
You can see the Mercedes-Benz DLC trailer below: