Nintendo confirmed the release dates of the upcoming game Pokémon Art Academy for Europe and North America. The game’s release date for Europe is July 4th and this fall for North America. The game will be available not only on the Nintendo eShop, but as a physical copy as well. The European cover of the physical game has been leaked too:
The web page for the game is available in the games section of Nintendo’s official website where some new aspects have been confirmed:
It’s time to become a Pokémon artist! You can enroll at the Pokémon™ Art Academy to learn how to draw Pokémon! As an aspiring artist under the tutelage of Professor Andy, you’ll use many tools and techniques to learn the basics of art, from simple shapes to coloring. Want to draw your favorite Pokémon? Now there’s a fun new way to learn!
The gameplay is designed so anyone can quickly begin illustrating Pokémon masterpieces that would even make Smeargle envious. Hone your skills at the academy as you draw your way through lessons using the Nintendo 3DS Touch Screen. You can unlock all of the options in the game, including a set of special lessons that include Mega Evolution Pokémon, once you’ve graduated. You can even share your art via Miiverse™, the SpotPass™ feature, and local wireless.
What? Your art skills are evolving! Congratulations! You’ve been accepted into the Pokémon Art Academy! See you there!
- You can Bring your Pokémon artwork to life using a variety of tools
- You can Create amazing pictures with step-by-step lessons
- You can Post directly to Miiverse and show off your art
- You can Save your art to the SD Card and print it out
- You can Learn the basics of art, then graduate to more advanced techniques to become a real Pokémon artist
- You can Participate in dozens of art lessons to help improve your skills