Not that long ago, we learned about a terrible bug that could cause your saved data to ‘apparently’ become corrupted and unable to be read by your game. In order to avoid the problem, players were advised to avoid saving on the exterior of Lumiose City. This error was reported as more likely to happen in the boulevard ring that serves as the perimeter to its place.
For those curious individuals, the error apparently occurred due to the amount of 3D content needed to be loaded from the very beginning. Thus, saving inside of a building, like good ol’ Pokemon Center was advised as a way to protect the error from occurring.
Therefore worry no more as the nightmare is about to be over. If you didn’t delete your file or if our guide to handle the error didn’t work as smoothly as you desired, I am happy to announce that Nintendo has officially released a patch.
I recommend to everyone who owns the game to download the update as soon as possible for the following reasons:
- It’ll prevent this Lumiose City bug from occurring if you haven’t reach this point or were lucky enough to pass it unharmed.
- If you were already a victim, it will recover your ‘corrupted’ file so you won’t have to start over.
- It will enhance the Global Trade Station filtering system.
How to download and install the update:
- Go to the Nintendo e-Shop using your 3DS (remember you need to have the Internet option available).
- If you have already played Pokemon X/Y, your console will display an alert before you even start anything. Click “View List” to be taken directly to the Pokemon x/y update.
- It’ll act like a purchase telling you the cost is nothing and the number of blocks it’ll require.
- Open the game again; in the screen where you can choose between Start/Continue, Mystery Gift and Live competition at the bottom screen to the right it should say “ver. 1.1”
- Now your game should work normally with little or no technical difficulties.