Nintendo released the new update for Steel Diver Sub Wars, where it includes a lot of new features, such as online battle with friends, three new submarines, two new arenas, the submarine shop for free users, improved stats, less Play Coins for free users, no friendly attack and a more balanced experience.
Meanwhile some of those improvements are only for premium users, you can see the full list below:
- Battle online with players on your Nintendo 3DS Friend List (Premium version only).
- Unlock three additional subs by playing a certain number of Local Play battles. (These submarines can be unlocked in both versions, but can only be used in the Premium version.)
- Two new arenas were added especially for Local Play battles: “Underwater Rings” and “Underwater Plant” (These can also be used in Friend Battles in Internet Mode).
- Owners of the Free version can access the submarine shop and purchase extra subs.
- The number of Play Coins required to play Internet Mode in the Free version has been reduced from two coins to one coin.
- Subs will not take damage from allied attacks.
- Send preset messages in Morse-Code Chat using the direction pad.
- Score three times as many points for long-range hits.
- Torpedoes will travel at 1.25 normal speed if fired while the sub is moving forward.
- Eight new crew members were added. (These crew can only be used in the Premium version.)
- Improved stats of the Clairvoyant and the Mechanic.
- Some submarine stats have been fine-tuned.
- Other adjustments have also been made to balance the game and make for a more fun gaming experience.