Hey y'all, my first blog post which many people will probably just ignore but whatever, I'm mainly doing this to put out my thoughts and maybe if you guys read this, I'll have accomplished something here.
Anyways, I want to talk about tonight's incoming Nintendo Direct and possible 2015 for Wii U, maybe the entire future of it.
What should tomorrow's Nintendo Direct bring us? Here I go:
- Bundles + possible price drop - Smash Bros bundle, Sonic Boom bundle, Bayonetta 1/2 bundle for Christmas
- Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Mario vs Donkey Kong, Devil's Third, Xenoblade Chronicles X trailers
- Some more third party/indies trailers for 2014/15
- Info on Splatoon (single player, multiplayer, maps, classes, release date?)
- Fatal Frame 2015 release for US/EU?
- Wii U update (themes, account system ect.)
- N64 games on Virtual Console for 2015
- Teaser for 2015 remake/Zelda U teaser
And really, for 2015, I think that Nintendo ought to be thinking about their plans for E3 and beyond. I think that a new IP for Wii U and one for 3DS is definitely a given, they need to creating more killer IPs to push the consoles now just like Splatoon and S.T.E.A.M should be. Also, Super Mario Sunshine HD could be a good 2015 summer title for the console, bundle that and it could do well. I also want to see Wii U get more of the good 3rd party, so seeing Star Wars: Battlefront 3 on it would be a dream come true. Heck, there's been rumours of titles like Diddy Kong Racing 2. That could be cool.
- Announcement of New Nintendo 3DS for 2015, bundles
- Info on Code Name: S.T.E.A.M (story, gameplay, release date)
- Majora's Mask 3D
- Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal, LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham, rest of the third party/indie trailers for 2014/15
- New Metroid teaser
As for 3DS, I want to see a remake for 2015 - and an obvious one for it is Majora's Mask 3D, it's a game a lot of Zelda fans want to see and it could help sales of the console tenfold. Also, a 2015 Metroid could be a great prequel to a 2016 Wii U Metroid title; so we could see it not only as one of 3DS' killer titles but for it to be a little bit of Wii U hype too.
And yeah, that's all from me right now.
Tonight's Nintendo Direct (and other thoughts)
TheYESDragon's thoughts on Nintendo and 2015.