Fire Emblem: How did you discover it?

• Thread starter V_Weeb
  • Start date
V_Weeb

V_Weeb

Ashe Trash
Towns Folk
How did you discover the fire emblem series? I discovered it through SSBB(super smash bros brawl) with Marth and Ike, i didn't know of any games but the characters in smash looked so cool, so I looked it up and then began playing Fire emblem Blazing Blade/7/GBA and it was really fun.....BUT!! there was no ike or Marth to be seen so I kept looking for more FE games and bought Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn. At first I was a little disappointed, there was no Marth or Ike but then he came Ike was in it and after that I began buying the other games in the series after radiant dawn I got path of radiance then when sacred stones and Fire Emblem GBA came out to the wii u vc I bought them and of course the 3ds games. I can't really remember how young I was but i think I was 8 when i discovered it which is why the lvl20 characters are the only ones that are alive..if i remember correctly it was Ike, Micaiah, Edward, Leonardo, Shinon, All cavaliers/horse units, Elincia, Marisa, and some more i cant remember the names of that was alive.

Sorry for bad english its not my first language

Last edited:
also roy in melee....

First saw Marth and Roy in Melee, yeah, but some time afterwards I saw Shadow Dragon being released and decided to play that, being Marth's game and all. Became a fan after that :3

Reactions: V_Weeb
I saw Marth and Ike in Brawl first, and pretty much forgot about the series until Fates came out.
After that I bought Birthright and have been having fun since.
So yea, I'm new to the series.

I knew about the franchise thanks to smash, but I was never really interested in the series
A group of friends played it at school sometimes, but it wasn't until I was like 16 when I first played Sacred Stones, and fell in love with the series

Like so many others, my first encounter was with Marth and Roy in SSBM. After that I looked into the GBA titles, but I never really got hooked until years later during a period of playing nothing but strategy games, both real time and turn based.

Like a lot of people, I saw Marth and Roy in Meelee, but didn't knew who they were, or what game they were from. I didn't make too much research either. It wasn't until I saw some of the Fire Emblem Fates' trailers that I became interested in the series. The animations seemed amazing and the story seemed epic! As I couldn't wait for Fates' release, I decided it would be good to play another Fire Emblem, and ended up buying Fire Emblem Awakening (which is now my favorite game), and I wasn't disappointed at all! Now I've played Awakening, Fates, part of Sacred Stones and I've started playing Shadow Dragon (for the DS) recently.

My friend and I were going though his collection of games, and we find Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. It looked interesting, so we started it up and took turns playing. Some of the tutorials were pretty funny.

Talking to other units in battle Tutorial
Soldier 1 *moves next to enemy soldier and chooses 'talk' option*
Hey, cool hat!

Soldier 2: Thanks!
Soldier 1: Do you wanna join our side?
Soldier 2: Sure!

XD
Anyway, I ended up getting my own copy, since I found it so fun, and now I have Awakening and Fates as well. I really like the support conversations and playing match-maker. :love:

The way I got into the series is very odd in my opinion. I had both Super Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl but never paid attention to Roy, Marth and Ike. I never heard of their games before that. Fast forward to the 3DS' release and the huge price drop shortly afterwards.

I got the console for the original price of $250 so I got my free 20 Ambassador games. Among them is Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones, I figured that since it was free it wouldn't hurt to try it out, and much to my surprise I really liked the game! The combination of turn based strategy and the little RPG elements from level ups and stats had me hooked on the game. That's how I got into the series, from a random set of "apology downloads" from Nintendo xD

After that I got Awakening, and then tried Blazing Blade (Eliwood's game). I haven't played other games from the series, I have tried Binding Blade but dropped it halfway through because I didn't have the chance to keep playing because of IRL stuff, thining about piking it back up again sometime soon :)

Reactions: Jisenku and V_Weeb
Unlike some others, I checked several GBA games and stumbled upon the first international Fire Emblem game (at times this one is called as Blazing Sword) and decided to play it at some point, so that's how I was introduced to Fire Emblem series in general. I still remember the moments being a strategist and controlling Lyn and several others in the battle.

Admittedly I think I started to know more about the Fire Emblem franchise through 3dspedia (this site), that is, skimming through the forums and reading others' posts and maybe looking it up sometimes. However, I wasn't completely oblivious of FE. Heard about it many times, had seen Awakening's trailer but I guess I was never interested in it.

Then I played through Blazing Sword and then Sacred Stones and they were really fun. Now I still have Birthright left to beat which I haven't continued playing since a long time.

I had never heard of it until after i got my 3DS. It turns out my cousin knew I was getting a 3DS so he got me a copy of Fire Emblem Awakening. I was pretty new to the turn based tactical games, but it was love at first sight. I played the game for hours, and quite frankly, I sucked at it. But it was fun never the less.

I first discovered Fire Emblem in Super Smash Bros. Melee, where Marth quickly became one of my favorite characters. However, I did not actually play a game in the series until well after Smash 4 was released, as this game really got me interested in seeing more of the series where Marth, Roy, Ike, Robin, Lucina, and Corrin came from.

Some kids back in the day were playing it on their GBA. I never really watched them play it because I was hooked on Pokemon and Mario at the time. When I got my 3DS, Awakening's demo opened my eyes up to the series and from that day I started to purchase any Fire Emblem game I could get my hands on (I didn't get Shadows of Valentia and I'm skipping Warriors).

I found out about Fire Emblem from Super Smash Bros. Melee. What was neat about it was that they were unlockables and you would've never expected they would be there until you played the game a lot. I never knew what they were saying because it was Japanese but that was fine by me and they were (mainly Marth) top tier characters and I bet I could beat any casual player with them. My friend didn't even know what kind of game they were from until I told him while we were playing Brawl.

Through a friend. I love this series.

Played the demo of Awakening and really liked it, but never had the money to buy it as there were always other games. Late 2016 I saw the Fates games on sale for £20 each and having Christmas money on me I thought, why not ? I got both of them, played Birthright, and a year later Conquest is still in its packaging, waiting for when I have nothing else interesting to play.

I was just browsing emuparadise and I saw Fire Emblem (Blazing Blade), and thought so this is the game I play as Marth from smash... I was wrong. but still loved the game

it was kinda of a burst at one for me i played smash bros first but didnt know who marth and roy were other than name then at the same time i got path of radience and the gba games to play and that would be considered my start

I learned about Fire Emblem from Super Smash Bros Melee. When the GBA game came out a friend of mine let me tried it out. I actually thought it was really cool and ever since I played all of the mainline games that came out in the US.

Back