Fire Emblem: How did you discover it?

• Thread starter V_Weeb
  • Start date
I think most people probably found out about the series through smash but I ended up not really trying any of the games until Awakening had it's demo in the eshop. I've always sort of likes tactical rpgs, Final Fantasy Tactics being my favorite game, but I never really got into the gba or gamecube title for Fire Emblem.

I'm pretty glad I got into them though, I enjoyed Awakening, Fates & Echoes quite a bit. I can't wait for the new one to be announced for the switch. ^^

The fire emblem awakening demo was really good. After that my brother started working on a fan project to translate one of the games exclusive to japan, which I think is on 3ds now.
I also played heroes, but its not as good as the other games. Still dont own a single one though.

I descovered it in super smash Bros melee

I first discovered Fire Emblem in Super Smash Bros Brawl. I thought Marth and Ike were pretty cool.

I still haven't tried a single Fire Emblem game yet tho.

i saw ike and marth in super smash bros brawl,
then i tried fire emblem shadow dragon, i liked it, but i had to restar because a lot of people died and i couldnt finish the game
now, i am a fan of the series and i am exited for tree houses, i hope they dont mess the story again like with fates

Almost everyone learned Fire Emblem from a Smash game. Smash kind of advertises the games with the characters.

I first found out about it from the Nintendo eShop. When the Awakening demo released, I thought "Why not try it? It might be fun!" So, I downloaded it. And it was freaking awesome. Since the, I've had a love for the Fire Emblem series in general. I've only played hardly any games from the series, but I'm definitely a fan of the games, and plan to get some soon.

Like a lot of people, I first saw the characters in smash bros. Eventually I picked up Fire Emblem Awakening for 3ds, and loved the entire series ever since! Pretty much at least.

I learned about it from the demo on the Eshop. I got bored one day and decided to download a bunch of demos and the one for Awakening happened to be one of them. I gave it a shot and I thought it was easy enough to understand. I didn't actually pick up a copy until a birthday of mine when we were moving, and thus it has those memories associated with it now.

Got Fire Emblem The Sacred Swords through that Ambassador Program thing on my 3DS and instantly fell in love with it. I'm a huge fan of Tactical Strategy games on top of the RPG element so it's a no brainer. Once I found out supports were a thing, I looked what was the optimize way of getting them. Pretty after I finished the game, I went on and play others in the series. It's one of the games my brothers and I still play and talk about.

I had always seen characters of the franchise around without knowing much other than the franchise was called fire emblem, I saw a trailer for 3H and it really caught my attention so a friend who is a big fan told me more about the games!

Must've been quite a while ago now... it was back when I was in school, there was this kid who liked Nintendo a lot and would always carry his 3DS with him. Would often mention games he was playing through and at some point recommended Awakening to me. So I decided to try the demo and liked it, then later played the full game. Since then, I was an avid Fire Emblem fan for several years, stopped playing for a while but recently picked up Three Houses and it feels so nostalgic considering how much I have changed since then.

I believe it was... don't know, might have been a year after it came out that Awakening was recommended to me. It was not long before Fates was announced which drove my interest in the series even further.

Back