14/01 Nintendo Direct Thread

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date
D4rkDragon

D4rkDragon

Lemon Dragon
Towns Folk
Hi,
In case where you missed today's NDirect, I will list everything shown so you'll be aware of it !
(still updating)

Let's Start:
3DS:
  • A new Fire Emblem game is confirmed. Very few details has been given yet, but it is know to have a manga feel.
  • N3DS Systems will be sold worldwide on February 13th. Still no decision from Nintendo about a "Give your old 3DS have a new one" plan, but there will be a Majora's Mask 3D themed one and a MH4U themed one as well.
  • Codename:STEAM confirmed to have amiibo support: You'll be able to play as Lucina/Marth/Ike or Robin by scanning their amiibos [N3DS-only]
  • More videos about Xenoblade Chronicles 3D.
  • Mario & Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars have been confirmed. The game features cross-buy, so, whether you buy the Wii U or the 3DS version, you'll get the opposite version as well.
  • MH4U confirmed for February 13th, and a special demo featuring 4 codes will be sent out through e-mail. Watch your mailboxes !
  • Ace Assault Horizon (can't recall the rest)+ confirmed, will have Amiibo support for custom plane designs.
  • Pokémon Shuffle will be available soon. It's a free-to-play, but the game will have in-game purchases. But you can beat it without paying, apparently.
  • Majora's Mask N3DS XL Bundle confirmed, also, a video was shown where you could see Link reeling.
  • Puzzle & Dragons Z confirmed to have a NA and a EU release. It'll be sold with P&Z: Super Mario Bros. Edition.
  • An indie FPS game confirmed for Europe, it is named IronFall; said game is supposed to take advantage of the N3DS capabilities, but still remains playable on 3DS and 2DS.
  • MH4U and MM3D N3DS XL Bundles confirmed to have their corresponding software pre-installed.
WiiU:
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X: No more details, just showcasing graphics and world.
  • Wii games will be available through the eShop, and won't exactly trigger Wii Mode. GamePad can be used on games supporting the Classic Controller Pro. Also, games launched through the eShop will get a 50% Price Drop so they'll be available for €9.99.
  • Mario Party 10 confirmed to have an amiibo bundle, and amiibos* can be used to play on special boards
  • Splatoon confirmed to have customizable characters: you can change their weapons, their clothes, and it'll affect their speed, their resistance...
  • Mario & DK: Tipping Stars also confirmed, shown video said that it features online level sharing, you can also give stars to people through Internet if you loved their levels, and much more. You'll earn stars depending on your performances on levels and custom levels.
  • Project Treasure confirmed for Wii U. It'll be a free to play made by Bandai Namco, and the only details given are the fact that you'll have to "avoid traps", and "collect treasures".
Amiibos:
  • In Europe, Lucina, Robin, Ike, Charizard, and Pac-Man (if I recall), are to be sold on April 24th.
  • Mario Party 10 confirmed to have exclusive amiibos, and Mario, Yoshi, Luigi, Peach, Rosalina & Luma amiibos are confirmed to be usable with both SSB4 and MP10. And yes, MP10 Amiibos can also be used in SSB4 (except for Toad).
  • The Toad amiibo from MP10 can be used in Captain Toad:Treasure Tracker to play a "hide-and-seek" game where you must find pixel art Toads.
That should be all for now; I'll re-watch (cause bad Internet + Twitch's terrible Mobile quality being the only option I had to watch the stream) the ND, and add anything missing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ninja-Patty, Ashkil, Marc and 5 others
Thank you so much for the updates, @D4rkDragon! I missed the Direct (thanks to school), and was really anxious to know what I was missing.

Reactions: D4rkDragon
Thank you so much for the updates, @D4rkDragon! I missed the Direct (thanks to school), and was really anxious to know what I was missing.

Wait, I'm not updating the thread ! There's more!

Wait, I'm not updating the thread ! There's more!

Whoops, sorry! I'll definitely stay tuned. :)

Whoops, sorry! I'll definitely stay tuned. :)

For now, I'm done. I'll add things missing, or missing game titles.

Reactions: Lexi.D
Anyone notice majoras mask 3D and the new Nintendo 3ds Majoras mask edition is coming out the 13th of February which happens to be a friday! I find it hilarious Nintendo did this ;) it will add to the strangeness of the story ;)

really looking forward to the new fire emblem game! When they started talking about it right when the direct started I thought it was just the shin megami ten sai x fire emblem game for wii u only and wasn't that excited. then they said it would be for 3ds and got really excited! also looking forward to the free to play puzzles game.
wish they would have put some stuff about mew two dlc in there too, wanted to learn more about that. Also wish they would have shown a teaser trailer or two for some more new 3ds games besides xenoblade chronicles!

really looking forward to the new fire emblem game! When they started talking about it right when the direct started I thought it was just the shin megami ten sai x fire emblem game for wii u only and wasn't that excited. then they said it would be for 3ds and got really excited! also looking forward to the free to play puzzles game.
wish they would have put some stuff about mew two dlc in there too, wanted to learn more about that. Also wish they would have shown a teaser trailer or two for some more new 3ds games besides xenoblade chronicles!

No, please, no.
I'm not wanting to mean or anything, but think about the people who won't be able to play N3DS games because Nintendo confirmed the N3DS for NA/EU just after they bought they systems. They're putting kilos of salt into wounded customers, and again, no plan for a "trade your 3DS for a N3DS".

I mean, sure, the N3DS looks great, but, can you feel the anger of millions of 3DS users who got salt poured into their wounds this way?

Reactions: Hayleia and Mikaya
A new Fire Emblem for 2015 release or what? If yes, I should add into my wishlist... Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is so close. I know I'm able to buy it on the release date, but if I get a work, maybe I should spend on other stuff since I will be moving into new city.

No US release for Yokai Watch? Please tease us more.

Reactions: 18
No, please, no.
I'm not wanting to mean or anything, but think about the people who won't be able to play N3DS games because Nintendo confirmed the N3DS for NA/EU just after they bought they systems. They're putting kilos of salt into wounded customers, and again, no plan for a "trade your 3DS for a N3DS".

I mean, sure, the N3DS looks great, but, can you feel the anger of millions of 3DS users who got salt poured into their wounds this way?
ohh that's why
wasn't planning on getting a new 3ds anytime soon but was curious if the games would just be wii u ports or stuff
but people who just brought a 3ds would probably would be pretty mad if nintendo started to showcase the new 3ds games this early

A new Fire Emblem for 2015 release or what? If yes, I should add into my wishlist... Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is so close. I know I'm able to buy it on the release date, but if I get a work, maybe I should spend on other stuff since I will be moving into new city.

No US release for Yokai Watch? Please tease us more.

Yup, no info about a worldwide release of YW, and yes, FE is confirmed, but they gave no release date.

Yeeeeeess, new Fire Emblem!!! And Metroid Prime Trilogy!! I'm so gonna buy it when it is released!
And new dlc for Hyrule warriors... had me laughing!!:hilarious:

I can't believe MH4U will have online multiplayer in its demo .-.

As for Fire Emblem, I posted about that in this thread. I need to purchase an external harddrive for my Wii U cause Smash Bros. U took up the last bit of space I had =/ and there are still many upcoming games that spark my interest :

That Project Treasure game also seems interesting. I'm guessing it'll make money from "in-game" purchases since it's "free", :sneaky:

I'm also surprised they didn't mention the new "pre-purchase" feature that is expected to hit the 3DS in 2015..

Reactions: 18 and D4rkDragon
pretty epic direct, I wish I woke up early for it.

Though the only draw back is no charge cable for the N3DS, I get what Nintendo is trying to do but its a cheap business tactic that takes effect on those who never had a DS handheld.

Not sure about Ironfall, shooters on the 3DS as a whole just don't work with me. But I guess that's just because I'm a PC shooter I guess.

Majora's Mask, Fire Emblem and Codename:STEAM look great, and I'm refusing to look at Xenoblade

Not sure about Ironfall, shooters on the 3DS as a whole just don't work with me. But I guess that's just because I'm a PC shooter I guess.

Majora's Mask, Fire Emblem and Codename:STEAM look great, and I'm refusing to look at Xenoblade

You saw it, too, huh ?
It's just amazing to see how Monolith Soft managed to push the Wii U's capabilities so far. And I bet Ubisoft's tech team are crying in a corner I guess, they dared to say that Watch Dogs (Wii U) exploited the console to its full extent. So, I guess it's a lesson taught to them (and more, Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii) was already a lesson that said that hardware doesn't make a game good or bad, but in a epic sense).

My eyes hurt from how good it looked. Now all we need is final fantasy xv coming to WiiU to prove to naysayers that it can actually support high quality graphics as well.

My eyes hurt from how good it looked. Now all we need is final fantasy xv coming to WiiU to prove to naysayers that it can actually support high quality graphics as well.

Sure, the Wii U can handle Xeno X, but I'm not sure we could really manage to put FFXV on it. Given how Square Enix optimizes their games lately (just take a look at the PC port of FFXIII, yes, I know, bad example), I doubt the Wii U could run it, or it will suffer a major downscaling, with frame rate drop.

Sure, the Wii U can handle Xeno X, but I'm not sure we could really manage to put FFXV on it. Given how Square Enix optimizes their games lately (just take a look at the PC port of FFXIII, yes, I know, bad example), I doubt the Wii U could run it, or it will suffer a major downscaling, with frame rate drop.
Yeah in that respect they're a lot like ubisoft, though honestly I didn't have much of a problem myself with ffxiii.

The IronFall videos give me hope that Nintendo can put out an new Metroid Prime game for the 3ds that would totally rock and could be on the level of the GameCube or maybe even the Wii. Question.....how do we get Renegade Kid to put Cult County out?......Because that game looks like it could be the XBox 360 or the PS3 on the 3ds! IronFall is the same way....it looks like a Gears of War meets the 3ds.

Back